Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is "the powerful four filter?" .....................

Kelley (Texas)

After having used Tesoro metal detectors for many years, I have noticed a slower response to targets with my White's 6000 XL Pro. I have been informed that Tesoro uses a two filter something and that White's uses a four filter something...what is this filter thing and why would it cause a slower response? Kelley (Texas) :)

Four filters is just a set-up where more filters are used to filter out ground effect. As there are more filters its supposed to work better in bad ground. A characteristic of this systen is that it needs more speed, moderately so, and the audio sounds wider. Four filter motion supposedly is not as good in picking our coins among iron and other trash- but on the 6000/XL series you can i.d. in non motion hunting mode-literally hold it still over a target. It is a really good unit on identifying iron.
As Whites has ceased making them its a good detector to hold on to, because its popular and many people are looking.
If you want an exceptional loop to work bad iron infestation I recommend the 8", though others like the 6".

Do you mean that the XL Pro is slower to signal you after you pass over the target? (as in a lag time) Or do you mean that you have to sweep the XLPro slower to even get a response? The reason I ask is because I believe that I can sweep my XLPro faster than I could my Tejon, Vaquero or Cibola. In fact, sweeping the XL Pro (nearly as fast as I can) is one of the methods I use to confirm targets and "lock in" the ID. Although the Tesoros didn't have visual ID, each of the Tesoros would miss targets completely if I swept as quickly as I normally do in "hunt mode" with my XL Pro. Slow down just a bit and they were deep hunters. But, speed them up and you would miss targets. I discovered this when I tried to use them as I do my Minelab Advantage. I found, with the Advantage, that you could actually increase the sensitivity of the audio discrimination characteristics by increasing the sweep speed on target confirmation. HH Randy

to the target. My Tesoro Bandido II uMax responds faster to the target in giving an audio signal upon detecting a target. Kelley (Texas) :)

Get tje eliminator coil and the hot shot for your 6000 and you will find targets that you would have missed with the standard coil great in trash, great depth and light as they come

I'm not saying it's not a tiny bit slower than some 2 filter machines but alot of it has to do with the four filter wide non modulated audio on the 6000 series. They have more of a wha-wha response than the beep-beep response of alot of detectors. Using that big pancake coil with a slow sweep speed seems to exaggerate the slow response time belief. Using a smaller coil and swinging at the proper speed (fast) will help. I also use headphones that narrow the audio response. It seems to help in trashy sites. I use the 8 inch coil most of the time and the 6 inch in the worst conditions. In my ground I get a tad better depth with the 8 inch over the 9 1/2 with cleaner signals when the signal balance is tweaked.