Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is the RPM of a Har-Fgt tumbler

Interesting question, and I wonder why you wonder? Im guessing it is about 6o rpm.

I'm working on a prototype tumbler. Place a mark on the drum and check it for 15 sec and x 4 =1 minute
thanks....Bud

Yeah that fact never entered the equation. :) Why would one care as long as it turns fast enough to get the job done.

Bill

I looked on mine and on the instructions. It doesn't list the RPM. This might help. The drive pulley is less than an inch in diameter and the big pulley is three inches.

Bill

chipmunk said:
I was just looking for some help,and needed information. Sorry, but a opinion is not information
However, when it is Bill's opinion, it's pretty darned close to fact.

FWIW. I had to change the drive shaft on mine. I couldn't find one as small as the original so now the drum turns faster. It cleaned coins more quickly when it went slower. If you're making a prototype I'd experiment with different speeds. Let's see pics when you're done.

Chris

I would imagine the slower the tumbler goes the better results you will gain if you are cleaning coins or whatever. You probably know this already, but I am bored so.. Front Load washing machine on the spin cycle. All the coins would be thrown outward by centrifugal force. Stick to the side of the drum. Fast drum speed not so clean,,,Slow drum speed clean...