Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what is the usual turnaround time for Xterra repairs?

Doug[Manila]

Live overseas. Planning to bring my XT70 in when I visit CA next year and wondering if I'd be lugging it back home at the end of a 2 week stay.
Oh yeah, problem is erratic TID - probably just something loose inside.

Give Minelab USA a call and ask. They may be able to accomodate your schedule. If you want to have it fixed while you are Stateside, you might want to make an "appointment" similar to when you want to visit the doctor. If you aren't coming over until next year, why not send it in now, and be using it? JMHO HH Randy

If I were you I would definately call, mine is in for repair now.

Still finding stuff with the XT70 even with the slight malfunction so will send it in a month before my next trip.

I just ordered a 6 inch DD coil and will give it a go! :)

Hi Doug

ON page 20 of your manual, have you tried that feature to see if it helps?

HH Nick

just sent mine in last week for repairs and was told by dick shultz in vegas that it will take 4 to 5 weeks ,they have alot of work and not near enough techs.That being said i would call him because he has been very helpful and could probably work something out.good luck

burnitup said:
just sent mine in last week for repairs and was told by dick shultz in vegas that it will take 4 to 5 weeks ,they have alot of work and not near enough techs.That being said i would call him because he has been very helpful and could probably work something out.good luck

Curious to know what kind of problems you were having with yours? There seems to be a rash of bad xt70's here lately, mine broke last month on the 25 only 6 weeks old, I called minelab and talked with Dick Schultz and he sent me a new control box. Got it on Sept 3. Boris and I had the same exactly problem, turn it on and very dim display and a upside down F on the screen. When I described the problem to Dick from Minelab he told me that was a new one on him. And now you're saying that Minelab is backed up with repairs. hmmmmm?