Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is this?

A

Anonymous

Hi! Can anyone tell me what this is? I found it in A CW site where some shell fragments and some solid shot and Unexploaded shells have been found, Is it some type of Fuse? or not?

It is a spray nozzle from a tank type sprayer from back around the 1940 - 1950 time period.
The fluid is caused to spin. Either the small punched holes are in a circular pattern to cause it to spin or else there is a flat plate between the plate with holes and the single hole plate. This center plate will have two or three holes pushed half way through in such a way as to cause the fluid to spin.
The spinning fluid exiting through the single hole will be caused to spray.
There would be another cap that would screw down on this one to hold it in a cone shaped receptacle that would have the liquid inlet at the small end of the cone.
I know this is long. That is what you get for giving a retired engineer a chance to get a word in.