Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is this?

Found this brass piece in a historical site. The place that started the Mexican war. It was on top of a heap of ashes mixed with some other iron pieces. I happened to see it, picked up and cleaned it. I guess it is a part of a rifle. Any help, please.

Attachments

• IMG_20200802_230452152_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20200802_230452152_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 185
I'm not seeing rifle.
Could we have a pic of the other side?

Dove tail design on bottom indicates the piece probably fit into a rail slot of some sort. The ears at first look like rear site on the barrel but I do not think so. Assuming the coin is quarter size it would also eliminate that. Its obvious something abutted up to it and locks in but what is a good mystery for now. Someone on the blackpowder shooters background could possibly answer but my first thought is not firearm related.