Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is your deepest natural coin find with Anfibio.

a lot depends on the soil condtion, the mode and settings used and other variables. I mostly hunt very iron littered sites and not many where 'depth' is achievable due to so much target masking. Howevr, I did work our local park in my small town and got a US 10¢ at 8½" and copper 1¢ at 10" using the stock 11" DD coil, in 3-Tone with Sensitivity at '99' and Disc. at '5'. It was a very clean area and all targets iron and non-iron are well separated. I was hitting on most coins in the 6" to 8" range.

Also I worked part of the area with the 5" DD coil and 7' Concentric coil and continued to get coins as deep as 6" or more with the 5" DD and the 7" Concentric still hit on coins from 6" to 8" or more. Using those search coils I was hunting in 3-Tone and 2-Tone. I reworded some of that area in Deep mode but there just wasn't anything hittable left in that small area of about 30'X30'. I am not big about all the 'depth' topic that is often brought up because most cons are not all that deep and where I am usually hunting, 'depth' isn't very achievable due to the dense amount of debris. I did some test that showed me the Anfibio Multi was very capable of getting better depth, but that's a report on how it did on naturally-located targets in one park. in one town, on two detecting visits.

Monte

I have had depth results similar to Monte's coins. The Anfibio Multi is very adjustable(very easy) and can be set up for most conditions. I run mine in three tone with the sensitivity above 90. When I get into trash, I drop the sens to 89 which helps navigating through the trash. I am still learning this detector, but have found deep silver coins four hunts in a row.

I have a cover over the display and I have a difficult time getting my finger on the pinpoint button. I have to remove my glove every time to pinpoint. This is my only complaint with this detector.

Thanks Monte
It is always great to hear from you. I do love the Anfibio Multi and really enjoy it in iron. Sorry no reports on coin depths. But I do know it is real deep.

Thanks for the information monte. I have been watching calabash diggers video's on you tube , this guy is an expert at testing metal detectors for sure and his video's are very good, but i notice he is maxing out the detectors he raves over. The 12 -15 inch deep coins he gets signals on are in close to ideal conditions in my opinion. I have never found a coin at the depths he gets, and i mean having used 200 different detectors now none have got me a coin at those depths. I have managed to find a few big coins at 10 - 11 inches in good soil i am yet to get deeper than that.

The only reason he is hitting coins at that depth is he lives north of Myrtle Beach and if you don't know the ground there is very sandy. In that type of ground there is no reason not to hit that deep. With the right settings. Just need to know you understand the soil conditions play a big part on depth.

Take a look at Calabashes video where he tests a freshly buried silver quarter buried 8.5" in some bad Pennsylvania dirt someone sent him. The Anfibio, nox and deus can't hit it.
It shows you the dirt does affect depth performance.

Amen!----He's got "sweet ground" (he admits that).
bugg said:
Take a look at Calabashes video where he tests a freshly buried silver quarter buried 8.5" in some bad Pennsylvania dirt someone sent him. The Anfibio, nox and deus can't hit it.
It shows you the dirt does affect depth performance.

I am going to tell you guys what i think about calabash diggers tests on his rave machines. I think he has gone down the same road as Blisstool . They Post video's of 20 inch deep coin signals in test gardens.
All that incredible depth stuff really got me sucked in. When hunting i never got the rave depths posted in there video's.. Now i see calabash doing the same thing.. Like i say his tests usually only prove super depth in good soil.
mostly. Ok some one sent him some bad soil which showed just how much depth is lost to bad soil that is true. I think he proved that garretts can't get down as deep in good ground too. I planted large coins in my back garden and can get 3 - 6 inches max because of the bad iron infestation my garden has. I think if his back garden was as iron infested as mine he might not post any video's!

got a subway token at 18" iin tough sand last year---signal was strong enough that I was sure it was a can!
Deep mode 20 kHz--I will never doubt this detector again.
cjc

In easy ground I’ve pulled multiple coin sized targets from the 10-12” and the odd one from deeper but this was also in wet conditions where stuff actually has the potential to regularly sink that deep and I’m not dealing with highly mineralized dirt, also some were very iffy targets. Under normal park hunting it seems the average finds were still in the surface to 3 or 4” range. The Anfibio is a deep and sensitive machine for sure but where it really shines (in my case)is unmasking.
It happens time and again where targets dug aren’t even that deep, it’s just that they’ve been missed by others because of trash nearby of mixed in with good targets and the circuitry of the Anfibio has a way of making that target stand out as a digable signal...
i know this is getting off topic, but I’m just gonna keep rambling out my thoughts for a bit here.
The Tesoro’s I used to use were one of the best unmaskers I’ve used and one of the few machines I could cherry-pick the ferrous/ non-ferrous composition of Canadian clad. It seems to me that any machine that can read clad coins and separate them from bottle caps and other trash iron has a very good discrimination circuitry. The Anfibio coupled with the concentric coil does not disappoint here and it’s this quality that made the machine a selling point for me, the depth was a bonus.

Who cjc , that’s insane. That’s great. I had my doubts, I may need to use it a little more. GS
cjc said:
got a subway token at 18" iin tough sand last year---signal was strong enough that I was sure it was a can!
Deep mode 20 kHz--I will never doubt this detector again.
cjc