Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What its the deepest penetrating coil for the SE?

Bell

Ok, so I have an SE pro and I have only ever owned the pro coil. I have recently realized that one of my favorite sites that I thought was hunted out has a lot more stuff at a greater depth. Given the nature of the stuff I'm finding here its totally worth buying a new coil to get more. Its in deep woods and not trashy at all. So, I'm not concerned with the size if the coil, its trash seperation, or anything else. I just want the absolute deepest seeking coil for the SE. So what is it fellas? And also how deep do you think it would get a good readout on an item like say a musketball? I'm getting about nine or ten inches on one now and I'd say thats pushing it.

Hello Bell,
I assume by the "musket-ball" statement you will be relic hunting. I am an E-Trac user, but can vouch for the 15x12 S.E.F.'s depth on relics. I actually sold mine, but has seller remorse, and bought another one just for relics. Not the best coil for coins, but deadly for relics. I have never used the 18x15, but the weight of the 15x12 is all I would want to deal with. It beats the Pro on relics by several inches.

SO THE 10X12 IS BETTER ON COIN DEPTH THAN THE 12X15?

If its open enough the WOT is a very good coil as is the 10 X15. The larger the coil the more problems you will have with weight, ability to work it, TID, and size of target. They really have to process a lot of soil. Have you ever thought you might be finding those deeper targets just because you are getting better with the SE? Also, as moisture changes during early winter and spring in the soil target finds pick up. Open up your disc more that will help with coil shut down and increase depth.

Dew

I think what you have is max what you can get. I did ask the same question before and pro was deepest compare with 10x12sef and 12sunray in air tests. I can add pro is deeper compare with 1050. good luck Stasys

Bell,

What seems like an easy question has a multifaceted answer. Detector depth is not all about the size of the coil.
It is not just going to a larger diameter coil, which is an answer that you would expect to get. But not all larger coils are as stable at one location as another.
At one location that I hunt, the 10x12 SEF is top dog. At another the Sun Ray 8 inch is the coil to use.
And along with the coil changes comes the setting changes on the detector itself. And you have to look also at headphones to use with the different coil and detector settings and different locations. I have two pair that I use depending on conditions, settings and coils.
Also your skill level on your detector. I have a friend who can find more with an 8 inch coil than most SE users can with ANY other coil. He has

I use the SEF 10 X 12 or the SEF 6 " more now. Love the small size of the SEF 6" in getting around brush and tight places. The 10 " slim line seems to be good to. I know in east Texas it's a little more open ground than down here on the under brush. Just the big coils you need open ground for them, like in one of the video's you made in the pastor land, big coil would be great.