Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What kind of battery life are you folks getting on the AT Pro

colt

I use reg batteries from the 99 cent store, 8 AA's for a buck and they are just as good as anything out there. I would consider rechargable, but which one to get, talk about overload there are more choices than a mail order bride.:wiggle:

Colt - It doesn't much matter what kind of rechargables you use as long as they are LSD (low self-discharge) NiMH type. You don't want the older pre-LSD NiMH type or the even older NiCd technology. Many of the battery "experts" say that the Japanese made LSD batteries are a little better than the Chinese.

You can use one of the cheap little ones that come packaged with the Duracell or Energizer LSD rechargables. Energizer calls theirs "Recharge" and I think Duracell calls theirs "Stay Charged." Eneloops by Sanyo are highly regarded and widely available too.

The more expensive chargers will charge the batteries more fully, but I get 10-15 hours with my cheap little one and I change batteries shortly after my AT Pro gets down to two bars.

Less than a year of regular use with the AT Pro and a couple sets of rechargables will have paid for the initial higher cost and then you are ahead of the game. They say these batteries can be recharged up to 1500 times so they should last a lifetime.

Another advantage for me is I don't feel like I'm wasting money when I change them out earlier than necessary. I always felt like I was throwing away a good five hours of battery life if I replaced alkalines right at two bars.

You should be very pleased with Sanyo eneloops, colt.

My experience in the past has been that some off brand alkalines (Walgreens house brand comes to mind) have been good for the price, but others (Sunbeam and some oriental named brand I can't remember that starts with a O) have been garbage.