Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What kind of depth are you getting with 4.5" coil,,,,

BJ in Okla.

What kind of depth are you getting with 4.5" coil,,,,???

Right now,,, I can not stop using the 5x8" coil,, that's a great coil...
Bj

I cant say on absolute depth, but I love it in absolute trash, its fantastic. I personally like that its not a "DD", especially when most of the trash is beer bottle caps. I have an old site that is thick with them and that little coil will still find me some old silver coins, better than even the 5x8 coil

The bottle caps are easier to distinguish with concentric coils in general. but the iron audio feature levels the field a lot. I usually do use the 8x5 due to its great target separation and depth. The area I have found the sniper coil to be handy is at an old horse racing track not far from me. It has had racing there once a year for around 160 years, and even better the punters would come with their families and camp there for the event. The bar serving and drinking areas to this day are still dirt floored,!! oh what a bonus !!. So you have 160 years of beer guzzling punters tossing their bottle caps away as they quench their thirst and kick into party mode for the night.(dont know what the bar-men were doing as they usually remove the caps) . So as you get closer to the bar area the bottle caps get thicker, and there are many elusive coins in the mix. I can only go into this area when Im in the right frame of mind, and then the slower I can go the better. This is where I personally find the sniper coil great .