Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What kind of Detecting do you do

7centsworth

So what kind of detecting do you like to do the most? I know some don’t detect much any more but what kind of detecting do you use to do? I mostly civil war relic hunt but like to coin hunt also. I use a equinox 800 and use to have a xterra 70 with a ton of coils. I know I haven’t been posting as much in the last few years. But now my son is four now. He goes with me every time now. So I don’t detect as much as I use to. But I have went more this year than last year. I mainly hunt in winter and fall. Let us know what detector you use also. Some of us have been on here for years and know each other really good and have become good friends. But we have a lot of new people on here and I would like to get to know you a little better. Mike has and does do a great job moderating this forum. And he can answer a lot of metal detecting questions and so can I lot of others. I know Ma used to use a whites. Steve on here uses a classic fisher I think a 1266. He has a lot of knowledge too. He doesn’t get to detect much anymore. But has a lot of good tips.

Last edited:
I like all kinds of detecting but probably like to hunt old coins and relics most. I like to water hunt in the summer too. I mainly use a Minelab Etrac, but now have an Equinox 800 that I need to learn. I also have a few other machines including a Fisher CZ-21 and a 20 for water hunting. I used to post almost every hunt I did, but found that these days very few look and comment on them so I figured the interest here has dwindled. Good post 7cents

Yes Mike you have found a lot of great finds over the years in the water also.
I have to agree it bothers me also that more don’t post on the finds when someone makes a thread. It is what makes this hobby great. Seeing what others are finding and using.
If I can ever get as good with my equinox as you are with your etrac I’ll be happy.

They were good when company was in business. When I started detecting in 84, My Whites were a bip and dig , they had some kind of a meter on them . But I still like the Tesoros. The sand shark is a PI machine, but it's built like a tank. The little compadre is a sweet machine, It's fantastic getting small pieces of gold and silver around fences and junk. I love my Nox 600, but I'll never put tje box under water. That'swhat the SS is for.

So what kind of detecting do you like to do the most? I know some don’t detect much any more but what kind of detecting do you use to do? I mostly civil war relic hunt but like to coin hunt also. I use a equinox 800 and use to have a xterra 70 with a ton of coils. I know I haven’t been posting as much in the last few years. But now my son is four now. He goes with me every time now. So I don’t detect as much as I use to. But I have went more this year than last year. I mainly hunt in winter and fall. Let us know what detector you use also. Some of us have been on here for years and know each other really good and have become good friends. But we have a lot of new people on here and I would like to get to know you a little better. Mike has and does do a great job moderating this forum. And he can answer a lot of metal detecting questions and so can I lot of others. I know Ma used to use a whites. Steve on here uses a classic fisher I think a 1266. He has a lot of knowledge too. He doesn’t get to detect much anymore. But has a lot of good tips.
Hi Travis--Good to see your posts & others, too! Been missing the photos of finds dug & displayed! There are many on FindMall Forum though & WOW some are doing great in finding Silver coins & etc. As you know I am unable to do any detecting or even get out --can't drive & gave my old car ('91 Tercel) to one of my grandsons who needed transportation! I used Whites when I did go hunting for the elusive treasure (mostly Coins but did hunt Civil war & other STUFF with my Whites club group --(last one --a Whites XLT Spectrum purchased in 1984 -liked it & found a lot of nickels & Silver with it) I sure miss getting out in God's world & detecting for lost treasure but I can view others' finds when they post pics & give the dates--so interesting for this ole lady who can only view by Computer! God Bless & hope this WINTER yields many fantastic finds for you! I pray you & family stay well ! I miss Liz, Lorna & Isaiah's shenanigans-he is so funny! Ma Betty

Yeah there is never a dull moment with Isaiah. He has started going detecting Witt me some. But I have to go on short hunts with him. But at least I am starting to get out and detect again.

I buddy of mine uses a simplex. That is a really good detector. I want one myself. If it was another brand it would be 700 dollar detector. But nokta is making great high end detectors at a affordable price.

I mostly Coin Hunt now,love hunting them old Colonial Sites,
I have recovered some amazing
Coins at these sites and I also hunt Civil War camp sites,been detecting over 30 years ,I can still
Hunt all day but age is catching up to me,I have also been blessed by having a hunting partner that
I have been hunting with for 30 years.He tells me every time before we turn our machines on
at a site,if I don’t find nothing ,it
Doesn’t matter I feel like I’m in
Heaven out metal detecting with
My best friend,and if I do find something that’s just a added plus.

Yeah we are blessed with old home sites and civil war here in Kentucky. I may have asked you this before but where in Kentucky are you? I’m about ten minutes from Abraham Lincoln’s birthplace.

I wasn’t far from you a few weeks ago. We were visiting a cemetery is waddy looking for my wife’s great great parents graves.