Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What machine should I get

I am deciding between a t2 new version, f19, fors relic and the deus. My sites are colonial 1670- today heavy iron. I look mostly for old coins. I have had the t2 se and the f19. I liked both so I would have no trouble choosing either of those again.

My concerns about each are

T2: 2 tones needs work in heavy iron and 1 tone the iron tends to false too much in heavy iron

F19: no small coil although the stock coil does fine most of the time, my f19 falsed really bad in iron at the end of the swing. Sometimes it would fool me to dig.

Fors relic: I have no idea about this machine I hear mixed opinions. Question is how fast is it in heavy iron?

Deus: Most concerning to me is the coil being the brains. I am afraid to swing and hit a stone wall or something and break it...

Which of these machines is best in iron and if there is anything better out there today what is it?

Deus coils are very solid...... you won't hurt them. Killer machine in iron trash. Great target separation & very adjustable to ground/site conditions.

What do you mean by F19 no small coil ? I have the 5" Gold Bug coil on it at times and like it in iron polluted sites. Mine falses very rarely wherever I am. It's never an issue. Are you sure your coil was structurally sound ? I had a Bounty Hunter that used to do that at the end of almost each swing.

I would wait for a while. The big MD metal detecting companies are supposed to be coming out with some new stuff.....

So, new stuff might be an option, or, there might be some killer sales on old stock to clear warehouses. In th mean time, you are OK with detectors to hunt.

I hunt mostly iron infested sites. I was very happy with the Gold Bug Pro and G2 performance and then moved to the F19. It was an improvement over other two but then I purchased the Makro Racer after its release. I feel it out performed the others to the point that I had to try the Racer 2 when it came out. I now have two Racer 2's so I can loan one to friends and also have a backup just in case. I have not used the Notka Relic but I have hunted with others that have both the Notka Relic & the Racer 2. The Notka seems to be favored as far as ergonomics but they seem to be using the Racer more often. Maybe Monte will chime in on the Relic.

"F19: no small coil although the stock coil does fine most of the time, my f19 falsed really bad in iron at the end of the swing. Sometimes it would fool me to dig." Fisher has a 2" DD coil for the F19.

"Fors relic: I have no idea about this machine I hear mixed opinions. Question is how fast is it in heavy iron?" As fast or faster than any others I've used.

Why not consider the xp goldmax power as well.This machine has been overlooked since the deus was introduced but is just as good in the iron and a more traditional type machine.It uses aa batteries which is a plus in my opinion,i can't be doing with all this built in battery rubbish.
As i said,every bit as good as the deus in iron and a good bit cheaper......it just dispences with all the features that you really don't need.

Nauti Neil said:
Why not consider the xp goldmax power as well.This machine has been overlooked since the deus was introduced but is just as good in the iron and a more traditional type machine.It uses aa batteries which is a plus in my opinion,i can't be doing with all this built in battery rubbish.
As i said,every bit as good as the deus in iron and a good bit cheaper......it just dispences with all the features that you really don't need.

The GMP was never sold in the US for some technical reason i believe,cannot recall exactly what it was but the only machine that is as far as i am aware that complies with the US electronic spec is the Deus.

Of course till the Deus came out the GMP held the crown as possibly the most popular machine in the UK till 5 years ago,then the Deus came along and as they say the rest is history.