Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Metal Detector?

Cos

I live in Wisconsin and have been metal detecting for 38 years and am mostly a coin hunter. I have used virtually every brand of detector on the market, and many that are long gone. I am a bit of a chicken about asking for permission to hunt on private property so I end up hunting mainly town, city, school and county parks. In the past 5-6 years I have witnessed my annual count of older silver coins decline to less than 10 per year even though I hunt almost every day.

Last year I had the opportunity to purchase a Minelab Safari as I always wanted to try one of the 28 frequency (FBS) units. Lo and behold, my yearly silver count increased to over 50 silver coins. I was ecstatic! Unfortunately, this spring, at 71 years of age, my right arm can take no more. The pain from swinging the Safari is absolutely intense. I can barely raise my right arm above my head. I can

the f-75 adjusted for o disc.and 85 to 99 gain may be what you are looking for!
the down side to this is that sometimes (e.m.i) will not allow you to adjust the gain to that high a
level,resulting in 'some" loss of depth,however you will still get excellent depth over all!.(b.t.w)
also,the f-75 can be used successfully in trash laden areas with the outstanding 5" dd coil that's available!
"outrageous" separation,and strong depth too!.as you are aware,the balance and weight is outstanding on the f-75
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I would suggest trying to find someone with a Fisher CZ3d & see how it works for your location . I have a CZ5 & a CZ3d & have removed the controls & placed those in a modified tool belt that I wear . Now, I am only swinging the shaft & coil. Belt has room for tools, & finds, etc. I can use it a long time without any shoulder/arm pain.

Cos, I am in my 39th year of swinging and also hunt daily. When I retired in 06 I did away with every heavy detector I had, including a cz3d and went to the F 75.....and quite frankly, never looked back. If, however, price isn't of consideration, I would suggest opting for the F 75 LTD/SE. Besides seemingly being less effected by emi and with its boost and cl mode gets a bit more depth, the thing that really impresses me is how deep it will go when swinging over very tall grass. And in my neck of the woods, mowing on city and county property is no long a weekly thing. Good luck with your decision. IMHO, you are on the right thinking path. HH jim tn

Cos said:
I live in Wisconsin and have been metal detecting for 38 years and am mostly a coin hunter. I have used virtually every brand of detector on the market, and many that are long gone. I am a bit of a chicken about asking for permission to hunt on private property so I end up hunting mainly town, city, school and county parks. In the past 5-6 years I have witnessed my annual count of older silver coins decline to less than 10 per year even though I hunt almost every day.

Last year I had the opportunity to purchase a Minelab Safari as I always wanted to try one of the 28 frequency (FBS) units. Lo and behold, my yearly silver count increased to over 50 silver coins. I was ecstatic! Unfortunately, this spring, at 71 years of age, my right arm can take no more. The pain from swinging the Safari is absolutely intense. I can barely raise my right arm above my head. I can

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/accessories/lejermonharnesses.htm

Link to harnesses, let us (me) know if your this way I am having some of the same problems, I just don't last like I did a few years ago. Some times I change to a smaller coil if I get tired.

Now I am going back and take another look at that harnesses myself.

Ron in WV

El said:
You have any pictures of your set up?

Not sure if your question was for me, but I just ordered the harness called the Swingy Thingy. I haven't got it yet so I don't have any pictures, but here is a link and there is some pictures.

I ask him if his setup would work on my F75, and my 2 other detectors and he said it would and it would take the load off just about any detector.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290594619236&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

Ron in WV

A swingy-thingy topic on the forum (this forum) in 2010,
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,1176605,1176605

Mark

Cos said: