Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Minelab should have

JohnA

produced. An Environmental Cover that has a velcro flap opening for the battery door. It also has two velcro straps that go under the box, protecting the bottom and eliminating the need, at least for me, two rubber bands around the Minelab cover to help keep sand from getting between the cover and the display screen. You never have to take this cover off to change batteries, coils or headphones.I e-mailed Minelab about 6 mths ago about their cover and its deficiencies. I purchased this cover from thesaurusaccessories of the UK and E-Bay. I just got off the phone with Joe DeMarco, having ordered a 6"DD coil, and he is interested in possibly carrying these covers in the future.

detectors on environmental covers!! :rolleyes: If they did we'd be in real trouble :laugh: Anyways thank goodness they got it right with the X-Terra's detecting abilities!! :thumbup: there certainly isn't any problem there thats for sure. I just cut a hole in my cover anyway..........works like a treat whenever I want to change batteries.
Cheers!

I also have ordered that cover from thesaurusaccessories. It hasn't arrived yet but looks great. It has a battery flap, headphone flap, and straps that go under the bottom.

11.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

Dave

n/t

After gettin my cover and trying to put it on I thought the same thing,there's got to but an easier way.
I may atleast slice the back and sew some velcro so it'll easy to remove and put on.
I'm not going detecting while it's raining,so it dont need total waterproofing,just to keep dust off the face and maybe some light mist.

I agree on the battery flap. It's a struggle getting the darn cover off to change batteries. I always worry about ripping off the rubber cover for the headphones. I think I'll try a mod this season or try to order one of the ones from e-bay. Thanks John, for that link. And maybe Minelab will catch on and start carrying them.

You guys are right, the enviro cover is not just for wet weather. It really keeps the face clean and free from scratches. Sometimes you have muddy fingers when you go to push a button and I'd rather scratch a $15 cover than a faceplate. Ron

I made a cover for my x-terra and I like it better than the factory version.
I fits nice, but is easy to remove to change batteries.
I also have velcro straps at the bottom to hold it in place.
Took about 2 hours to make.
I'll post a picture of it when I get home tonight for you to check out.
I bought a cover, but it is hard as heck to get on and off when changing batteries and I have never used it.

Felix

Up until I ordered the thesaurusaccessories cover I used a zip lock sandwich bag. Cut a small hole for the cable and slip it on. Zip close the bottom from both ends up tight around the handle and your done. Very weather proof and great if you don't mind the look. It's a good fit.

Dave

[quote Ancient Dave]Up until I ordered the thesaurusaccessories cover I used a zip lock sandwich bag. Cut a small hole for the cable and slip it on. Zip close the bottom from both ends up tight around the handle and your done. Very weather proof and great if you don't mind the look. It's a good fit.

Dave[/quote]

I tried that at first,but the bag was a tad too small.So what I did was cut the bag to fit the face and used black tape to seccure it.
After I got Minelab cover I left it on as extra protection.I might cut on mine this weekend and put velcro on it.

n/t

it is a rain cover for my XLT, I will have to try it on the XT. The cover I have for the XT is such a pain in the butt to put on and take off and I just ordered a new one today along with an extra lower shaft and a Vibraprobe 570. HH, Mike

With the environmental cover off, I measured from the back side of the control box to the center of the battery door. Then measured the same distance from the back side of the environmental cover from the back seam and marked a line on the top and bottom of the cover, then drew a line from the top to bottom. From the bottom I measured up 1 1/4 " and made a 3" slit to the top of the cover. Next I had my wife sew a 1 1/2" long Velcro strip on the front edge of the cover about 2 1/2" up from the bottom and then sewed a small piece directly across from it.

I made a pattern and sewed this together myself.
I am not an expert with a sewing machine, but I do have some patience and just decided to make my own.
I bought a cover for a spare, but after I saw how hard it is to put on and take off, I decided to just keep using mine as it fits great and is much easier to remove.
Felix

Shower caps lifted from hotel rooms on business trips.

[attachment 81627 showercap.jpg]

I usually bribe the room attendants for more by telling them I'm going to double my tip to 50 cents if they leave me extras.:rofl: As far as I'm concerned Jack Benny was a spendthrift!:lol:

HH
BarnacleBill