Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What shoud a used Spectrum XLT detector go for ?

Cal_Cobra

Hi,

I'm in the process of looking for a metal detector, and a local here has a White's Spectrum XLT for sale. No extras, just the unit, battery/charger, and a few books. I was wondering about what one of these should be selling for used, in good condition ?

Thanks,
Brian

Friend of mine just bought a 1 year old one with phones, a pinpointer and bag for $600. I have seen them sell with no extras for as low as $500 ish on ebay.

White's has been making XLT's for about seventeen years. Get the serial # and call Whites and see how old it is...Jack

Thanks for the feedback. I checked eBay past sales for the Spectrum XLT, and they seem to range from $300 for a unit with no extras, to $500-$600 for a unit with some to lots of extras. So it would seem the one this seller has (with no extras) is on the high end of the spectrum.

Thanks,
Cal

Is it rainbow series, or newer E series?

the newer ones don't have a rainbow on the side. I got mine,with a rainbow for $200 from a guy who said his water heater
needed to be replaced. and works GREAT! right place right time

I just missed out on a Spectrum XLT - lightly used, like new condition - she just didn't want to try it anymore - 200.00 :sadwalk:

:rage:

It's been my experience that e-bay prices are high..Lots of bidders who know nothing about the detectors ,or prices, are bidding the prices sky high...
I see machines selling for several hundred dollars more than you can purchase them from the forum.(Ie: Used XLT's for 600.00 to 650..you can buy a new one for $720.00 and maybe a little less.) People do get carried away trying to, as they say on their ad..".WinThe Prize".

One(XLT) sold for $620.00 on 6/2/08 way to high for a used detector.

Just as a heads up, if anyone's interested. I've got a Spectrum XLT that I bought in late 2000. Paid way too much in hindsight, but I'd be willing to let it go at a reasonable price. I haven't used it very much over the almost 8 years that I've had it. Life has a way of directing your time elsewhere sometimes.

In my opinion 300 would be reasonable, but I'm willing to talk. :)

I've since posted it in the classifieds of this site. There are some pictures there. I didn't realize there was a place for that sort of thing, so sorry for hijacking a thread. My apologies.

I have a Whites Spectrum XLT very very lightly used for sale. Purchased in 2006ish. Looking for $400 karen@programservices.org