Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What should I ask for it?

2wheeldevil

Frederick Goldman 14 K ring.
Melt value is around $200, is it worth more than that?

Attachments

• 14-k3.jpg
    14-k3.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 137
I sure would not sell it for $200….. that is a great find.
I hang on to my gold… maybe when the price gets up to $5,000 an ounce, I will part with it…😂🤣
1645666419765.png

As much as I'd like to say keep it or sell it for a lot more than spot, truth be told - most gold bands aren't worth more than spot. Finding a buyer for a "used" gold band is 1 in a 1000. I'd be sure to send it to a refinery where they'll pay 95% of spot (at delivery). Midwest Refineries come to mind. But great find!!!

If you don't need the money now , I would hang on to it. Its ultimately your decision. I usually keep everything I find. Unless God forbid we fall on harder times or harder times continue to fall on us .. Anyway you decide its a very nice find to say the least . Congrats HH

2wheel, I'm kinda in the same boat. I've got a 14k with 11 diamonds I found many years ago. Had it appraised back then at a jeweler for almost $800. I'm sure it's went up since then. Have been looking for an outlet to fund a new detector but can't seem to find an answer. Good luck.IMG_20220226_174611.jpg

2wheel, I'm kinda in the same boat. I've got a 14k with 11 diamonds I found many years ago. Had it appraised back then at a jeweler for almost $800. I'm sure it's went up since then. Have been looking for an outlet to fund a new detector but can't seem to find an answer. Good luck.View attachment 23596
Thats a nice one.. Funding a new purchase with a find is a great outlet. Somebody once asked me if I found enough valuable stuff to pay for my metal detecting stuff. My answer was absolutely yes .
But I sure didn't strike it rich first time out.. Looks like you're on your way to a great new machine free and clear. HH Ron

Look in your “app stores” for Scrap It, gives you pretty accurate picture of day to day worth…..