Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What should I do?

Mike Hillis

I got a bunch of 7.8 kHz coils but currently have no Fisher detector to use them on.

Should I:

a) Buy a new F5,
b) Buy a new F19,
or
c) sell the coils?

Part of me says buy one of the two detectors because I already have the coils.
Part of me says I'll not get much use out of the detector if I do buy it so I should go ahead and sell the coils.

I dunno......What would you do?

HH
Mike

You already have a nice selection of detectors, so I would sell the coils and buy something you may want for one of your other detectors.

If you are not 100 % sure the one of the two you buy won't see much use, I would sell the coils. HH jim tn

Hi Mike,

D. Use them on the Eurotek Pro

Jeff

Mike Hillis said:
Part of me says I'll not get much use out of the detector if I do buy it so I should go ahead and sell the coils.

HH
Mike

Listen to this guy.

D is an option for sure.

HH
Mike

you know the detector very well, I believe it is killer on finding jewelry… so go ahead and pick up a new one... Worst thing that could happen is you'll find a 1 carat engagement ring and pay for the detector multi times over...

Cheers Mark ( ohio )

Hi Mark,
Yeah...I think that is the best solution.
HH
Mike

Sell the coils.---The only problem is: used detecting equip. is only moving at "give away" prices now-a-days.

D&P-OR said:
Sell the coils.---The only problem is: used detecting equip. is only moving at "give away" prices now-a-days.

That is so true. You won't get much for the coils. Then again, if they are gathering dust they are worth nothing at all.
I'm biased towards the F19 so I know what I would do. I think you had a G2+ at one point and it's not in your list anymore so I guess there is no point in getting another F19/G2+

I have to think that you sold the detector for a reason. Has the reason changed ? If not, sell the coils.

Rich -

Mike,

It is very simple. Women can never have too many shoes. Men can NEVER have too many metal detectors and coils. Get that F19 buddy.

Jeff

I've decided to sell. No good to buy a dust magnet just because I got a few coils.

HH
Mike

then you can sell it to me for way less than what you paid for it, it's a never ending cycle. I finally got the monkey off my back several years ago when it got to the point I owned like 15 detectors and only used a few. I finally smartened up and sold all of them except the C$, which I did own three of them and still have one, but after open heart surgery where they gut you like a fish, you find that you need a very light detector at least for the first year or so.