Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What should the G2 be at for a software version ?

Ken in Georgia

I do not think any updates have happened for the G2 yet, be not sure.

the G2 says 1 on my detector. Wow:yikes::surprised:

Don't fear, Ken. I think "1" on the G2 was equivalent to "3" on the Gold Bug Pro...

The first (non-prototype) Gold Bug Pro's were version 3, and the first G2's were version 1. Now, it seems that the "update" software for the Pro (version 4) is also what is installed on the G2. It's not that you are 3 versions behind -- don't worry! :)

Steve

Thanks Steve, I'm going to call on Tuesday..... However, the detector works great......

We need Dave J to answer that. I think, but I'm going to call Tuesday . :teknetics::nerd:

Version 4 is a combo of all the fixes / issues and bugs that the versions before it had in the Gold Bug SE / Pro. When FTP stopped producing / selling the SE (Special Edition), they introduced the Plain Jane model with version 4 software. They also revamped the face plates on them.

The SE, some had version 2 and version 2.9 software in them. There was also a report that some had version 1 / 1.1.

Some Gold Bugs sold at Cabela's -- These where either the SE or the Pro. I lucked out and got the Pro with version 3 software from Cabela's, it worked well, and I found some great stuff with it - It now has a new home, sold it on to get another brand detector that cost over $1500.00.

Version 4 is used in all the Gold Bugs (Pro, DP, and Plain Jane), it is also the same software for the G2. It's been developed this way to make things easy for FTP with the latest units.

Version 3 in the Gold Bug Pro / DP contained all the fixes before the G2 was released to the market.

Those that have version 1 in the G2, it's the same as version 3 in the Gold Bug Pro / DP.

Merry Christmas to all .....

HH in 2012.......

That's the $64,000 question & the question so many of us (myself included) would like to know/find out!------Are we going to get some kind of increased performance from "upgrading" from a GB Pro (version 3))---or the G2 (version 1) to the GB Pro version 4?-------If so, I would make the switch/upgrade---but would sure like to know what the benefit/advantage (if any) woiuld be.
Hobo lobo said:
Whats the difference between the 3 and the 4 versions ?

I have a gbse and it came with 2.9 and when I had to send it in for repair it came back with 3.0 Their is no appreciable difference in performance between the two firmware loads. The only difference I noticed was the screen will reset after a couple of seconds when you hit the next target and a common nail comes in at 27 instead of 16, this could also be due to the fact that the 2.9 firmware had a problem with silver and they did adjustments. I Think that most users will never experience an appreciable difference between the firmware revs just my thoughts.

Take care
Bob

PS I was able to track the black sands and will clean up high banker tomorrow so I will see if the goods are there

Hey, just got off the phone with the tech guy at TEK. he told me that the difference between V1 and V4 is the LCD mode and doesnt need to be upgraded. Version 4 trys to hold the number on the display long for the user. That's it Wow !!! I like mine the way it is.

Thanks for the legwork Ken, It really helps to know the revision variables and puts the version 1 G2 owners minds at rest. I have the 1 in the g2 and 2 in the gb and the only real difference in performance is saturated audio related on the 2.0. Nice to have both, one for a friend!
HH

i think fisher does this numbering systems to keep up with the batch lots its making,that was the way it was explained to me.makes sense.:shrug:

Not really the software has to do with the numbering and all that is displayed on the screen in both all metal and disc mode. I hope this helps