Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What sort of buckle is this?

robertk

I found this buckle in an area I've found a three-ring bullet and some tent grommets. The buckle was 8" deep or so. I washed it off, and the edges of the center of the buckle look like copper or brass (which is what my detector said for target ID, too). Where most buckles have a tongue that can move, this one is a fixed post. Some of the guys in my club thought it might be from a saddle or harness, but nobody has seen one quite like it. Does anyone here know what it is?

That is a real oddball alright. It looks as though it was designed to accept a pair of amtching strap ends where the ends overlap each othe and are tucked underr, and then are held tight in place by the tension and pressure of the buckle ends themselves.

Your buddy is right...saddle and/or harness buckle. I found a few at Ft. Bliss. Bottom left of the attached picture.

J.R.

Awesome! Thanks! Do you think mine would shine like yours if I cleaned it? Or should I just leave well enough alone?

I am not sure. Mine was found in desert sand and did not have the amount of patina that yours does. I would leave it as found.

J.R.

I WOULD SAY THAT IT IS A BUCKLE THAT IS USED ON THE SIDE OF A BRIDLE. THEY HAVE THE TIT SO THAT YOU CAN ADJUST THEM. STILL USED TODAY. THAT ONE DEFINLITELY LOOKS OLD THOUGH.