Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Tesoro Machine is this coil for?

nwdetectorist

[attachment 253881 TesoroCoil-2.jpg][attachment 253880 TesoroCoil-1.jpg]

Hello folks,

I inherited this coil several years ago and have been packing it around.
Still don't know what machine it works with.
It has 4-pin configuration, so will not work with my B II uMax.

The coil is approx. 4" by 7" and elliptical in shape.
I don't think it has ever been used although there are some very slight scratches on the scuff cover.
The scratches I believe are from being packed and unpacked since around 2006.

Thanks,

nwdetectorist

TOO MUCH DIRT, NOT ENUFF TIME

4 Pins fit the Tejon, Cibola, and Vaquero..If you have no use for it, Finds has an accessory site where it can be sold.

not a bad idea
the reason I posted was I cannot find the coil listed on tesoro.com
it made me wonder if this would really work on Cibola/Vaquero/Lobo/etc.
or if it was some other Tesoro model

Thanks,

nwdetectorist

TOO MUCH DIRT, NOT ENUFF TIME

Hello,

I just picked up a used Tesoro Lobo and turns out the Eliptical coil is cracked.
I'd like to give this one a try.
Let me know if you could consider it's sale.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Yes I am going to let the coil go since I am not in a monetary position to move to a Vaquero or other machine.
At least not for a few months, and I need the dollars right now:)

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?65,1837955
It's posted over here for $75 by postal money order to lower 48 states via USPS.
Let me know what your offer is.
You could always private message me through your login.

Thanks,

Doyle

NWDETECTORIST

Too Much Dirt, Not Enuff Time!

I think Topo may be right. It looks a lot like a Diablo II Gold Demon coil. Without the sticker.

Thanks Topo,

That sounds really specific.
So, perhaps it would not work with the Vaquero, Lobo, and others.

I emailed tech support at Tesoro about a few weeks back with the pics and the serial number.
They were very generic with the answer, only saying 4-pin was for the Vaquero type machines.

It sure would be nice to know what this coil was for:)

Thanks,

nwdetectorist

I have one, and use it on my Cibola, although I believe it was made for the Lobo....it is a concentric coil, and works well in trashy areas. HH

When I agreed with Topo about the coil, it really did look like a Diablo coil, but FuriuosT gave me reason to look it up. Here is a pic of the exact same coil used for a Cibola so it should work on any of the same type, V, C, L.

Thanks Bill F and Furious T

Maybe I will own a Vaquero again some day.

nwdetectorist

Its a concentric coil we made for a limited time. We do not make them anymore. This coil is made for the HOT machines only and will not work with the Diablo or the original Lobo.

Thanks allcav,

Now I know for sure what the coil works for.
Maybe I will get a Vaquero again, and give it a try.

nwdetectorist

TO MUCH DIRT, NOT ENUFF TIME!