Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Tesoros had two tone

JJdigs

Just curious what models had two tones...I think the royal sabre might have been one any others. Thanks

JJdigs said:
Just curious what models had two tones...I think the royal sabre might have been one any others. Thanks
Wish Monte was here to answer that. To me he's the Tesoro authority. My Royal DOES have it, and for the life of me I can't remember the ones he said-he's posted it before.

My old ('92?) Golden Sabre II has 2 tone that falls on either side of the notch...depending on where you set the notch...................

JJdigs said:
The following models in order of production:

Royal Sabre .. 4/'86 to 9/'89

Golden Sabre Plus .. 3/'89 to 2/'92

Pantera .. 7/'90 to 2/'92

Golden Sabre II .. 7-'92 to 5/'99

Euro Sabre .. 5/'01 to ??

The Royal Sabre was their first Notch Disc. model and had the variable 2-Tone Notch Disc. adjustment. During the early era Tesoro had the Golden Sabre, but while it had Notch Disc., it didn't have the 2-Tone audio.

The Golden Sabre Plus was Tesoro's first and only model operating at 15 kHz and did have the 2-Tone audio governed by the Notch Disc. control setting.

The Pantera was my favorite of the above because it also featured an external manual GB control for versatility and allowed the user to change coils and adjust for the proper GB. But like many models that feature manual GB, we have seen that quite often most 'average' or 'typical' consumers prefer a 'simple' approach and want a factory-preset GB instead of manual GB control. The manual GB Pantera was only made for 1 year and 5 months.

The Golden Sabre II was essentially the Pantera in a 'turn-on-and-go' [size=small](meaning preset GB)[/size] design. It used the Pantera circuit board, but they removed the manual GB control and kept it simple with an internally preset GB trimmer. It, with the preset GB, obviously had more appeal as it was manufactured for 6 years and 10 months.

All of the above models had a variable 2-Tone adjustment using the Notch Disc. control, and that allowed the user to have a "Tone Break" to hear only a Low Tone or only a High Tone, or break below a US 5¢, break in the Pull Tab range, break at the US Zinc 1¢ point or some arbitrary setting they desired.

The Euro Sabre was different in that it had a 2-Tone function that was supposed to, by design, split at about a Ferrous/Non-Ferrous break point and the operator didn't have much control over the overall 2-Tone function, it was simply intended to be a Low-Tone for ferrous and a High-Tone for non-ferrous.

Those are the only 2-Tone models from Tesoro that come to my mind right now so I stand to be corrected, if I missed a model somewhere along the line. Naturally I am not up on the particular models for foreign sales but I am sure they could have had one of these for overseas other than the Euro Sabre.

Monte