Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what to charge for MD services

langsy

theirs a construction company thats building new piers on the public beach on the coast of florida, they made big piles of sand with pieces of rebar in those piles from the old piers , they want to hire me to scan each bulldozer scoop of sand for rebar ( and jewlery) as they spread out the sand , just want an idea what to charge per hour for this job, and rewards possible. never done this for money before

Woah, a bulldozer is going to be digging up a bunch of sand and you get to detect that sand? That's a dream. Tell them you get to keep any jewelry and charge a small amount. If you charge too much they won't have you do it. Honestly, I'd do it for free if I got to keep the good stuff.

Hi langsy, I would suggest you do it for free, with you getting any goodies and they get the re-bar, plus your fee be future excavations/ job sites they may have that you could be on with your detector! Its worth a try! HH, Charlie

I am totally with GS & fowlercharles on this. You have a once in a lifetime opportunity don't blow it on "what to charge" Explain to them that you get to keep everything but the re-bar and you my friend are in! If they do not agree with that deal this company is beyond foolish. Quickly make up a business card and provide one to them. Best of luck and keep us posted!

I had an opportunity to make some cash for cleaning up a grass area of metal pins that were left over from years of use at a local yacht club. I did not have the chance to find anything other than the metal pins, but given the opportunity you have been offered I would do it like others have said, Do it for a trade off, you keep everything but the rebar.
I was not sure of what to charge when asked about this, but they made it easy by setting the price for me. Two hours detecting netted me $200.00 dollars

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,2138973,2138973#msg-2138973

Tell them $20.00 per hr or you keep the good stuff.
They let you keep the good stuff because $20.00 is a known amount and the other is speculative at best.

Hey Bob I remember reading about your story and a very nice one at that! Have they ever called you back for further services?

Never got called back Jim. I ran into one of the grounds keepers for the club at the beach this summer who told me that since I did the clean up, they have not had any more flats or damage from the pins.

That was a short sweet gig while it lasted :cheers:

bob.oz said:
Never got called back Jim. I ran into one of the grounds keepers for the club at the beach this summer who told me that since I did the clean up, they have not had any more flats or damage from the pins.