Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What to do near Palm Springs?

mdunn

So my wife and I won a raffle and ended up with a 4 night stay in palm Springs, CA at the end of January.

Neither of us are golfers but might like to play some with the metal detectors and are wondering what some of you fine folks here have to suggest as far as what might be of interest.

Thanks!

Sorry, no metal detecting leads. But there is the Palm Springs aerial tram and the Peak Restaurant. Although I have never had dinner at this restaurant.

I don't know about nuggets in that area (as I'm strictly coin/relic guy). But for coins, I don't think there's much old stuff in Palm springs itself, that isn't covered in asphalt, strip-mall, hotels, etc..... Despite it's name-sake that may be old (a spring), yet it is heavily built up modern mecca/city now. You might have to travel out to the country-side and do some research, if you're hoping to find old coins. And yeah, with only a 4-day trip, it's not likely you're going to be able to hit the books looking for old stage stops, camp-sites, etc... and have time to reconn. them and such.

Riverside and San Bernadino area are old (and were already comparatively very populous by turn of the century, when compared with a dot-in-the-desert like Palm Springs). They're only 45-ish miles away. Old parks, abandoned houses, potential urban demo's, etc.....