Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What to do with stainless, tungsten rings?

Nutriasub

Just that, what do you guys do with all those stainless steel and tungsten rings?
Mine are just taking up space

Absolutely 100% correctoamundo. Straight to the trash can and I do it to make myself feel better by throwing them in the trash can at the beach. I don't even take them home. Plat is plainly marked and I check the gold when I get home. I hate that tungsten and stainless steel junk. I have to say that I do get a big :jump: :detecting: kick out of throwing them in the beach trash can. :rofl: . Yeah I know I am a little sick but, I am old and I still got to get my kicks. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

They go into the junk jewelry box. Maybe 1 day I will sell them on ebay as a group, or maybe singly if they have enough attractiveness.

I give all mine to my jeweler buddy where I scrap all my gold finds - he resells them to anybody that needs a cheap ring.

I think they would make great ammo for a wrist rocket slingshot..... near misses would certainly whistle as they flew by...... however check out those Tungsten and SS bands closely, I almost put one in my ammo drawer when I noticed it had a 14k inlay. Last year it was a SS with a 10k inlay, which I could easily remove.....the tungsten with 14k inlay may prove harder to dissect.

Cliff

Be careful what you do whit those ring,just for kicks I looked one up marked triton tungsten carbide it was listed for nearly 300 bollars.:confused:

8720roger said:
Be careful what you do whit those ring,just for kicks I looked one up marked triton tungsten carbide it was listed for nearly 300 bollars.:confused:

Listed for new isn't close to what I have sold them for used. I can sometimes get $5, $10...one time $30 but usually $5-$10 on craigslist. Not even worth it on ebay for the most part.

Adam, you wouldn't complain if you found a 5 or 10 dollar bill laying on the sand. I know selling a ring is more work than finding cash, but it is still money you didn't have before.

I gathered all of mine up (well over a hundred) and paid my $10 for a market stall.......went home with nearly $800.......crazy to bin them !

Tony said:
I gathered all of mine up (well over a hundred) and paid my $10 for a market stall.......went home with nearly $800.......crazy to bin them !

....and THATS how its done!
WTG Tony!

Tony said:

I like your style Tony! That's turning trash into treasure.

If you spent your time recovering them, you might as well reap some benefit from them. They may not be gold or silver, but they most definitely have some value. Putting $800.00 in your pocket beats treating them like tabs. :thumbup:

Haven't tried it yet, but I always thought they would make a nice wind chime or a decorative mobile.... how about napkin holders or ceiling fan pulls and some of them Tungsten's make nice desk paper weights.
But really, if you spend time finding them, digging them up and you have a lot of them.......offer them up as a bulk sale on ebay or CL, they're certainly worth something to someone so you might as well cash in on your effort.

I leave them all together in a jewelry box in a drawer. If a thief should someday break in, hopefully they will grab the rings and split, thinking they just scored a big heist. All my good stuff is locked up secure.

Booty Hunter said:
I leave them all together in a jewelry box in a drawer. If a thief should someday break in, hopefully they will grab the rings and split, thinking they just scored a big heist. All my good stuff is locked up secure.

Good idea. :beers: I have a stash of gold colored Canadian dollars that I have labeled 'Gold Coins' for the same purpose. I think I will add my clearly labeled 'silver' and 'platinum' rings nearby.

The Savy person can make $ on them, I would keep them and leave them as restaurant tips before I would throw them in the trash, but hey, to each his own! Myself, I keep all of them and have sold a few. The good thing is most sheep don't know the difference in gold and this crap, they pay almost as much, sometimes more for this crap than they would for gold. So they don't know it's junk, if you're smart you can get way more than they are worth for them. :rofl: