Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What version ?

Mine came with 2.78 so i'm not going to comment, but it works really good for me. HH Jim.
Mine also came with 2.78 and I am probably not going to change because I am very pleased with it.

I got 278 but went back to 77. I think it’s a matter of personal preference.
Was it due to performance or did you just like the way it ran in 2.77?

I went ahead and put mine back to 2.77 today to give it a try. I have a 8-9 inch silver dime buried in the yard and with 2.78 i could get a good tone but the VDI was way too high. With 2.77 I got a closer VDI and a stronger tone in Park 1. VDI was still jumpy but definitely closer than the 95 that I was getting with 2.78. I am getting my SP24 coil today so I am excited to give it a try.

I went ahead and put mine back to 2.77 today to give it a try. I have a 8-9 inch silver dime buried in the yard and with 2.78 i could get a good tone but the VDI was way too high. With 2.77 I got a closer VDI and a stronger tone in Park 1. VDI was still jumpy but definitely closer than the 95 that I was getting with 2.78. I am getting my SP24 coil today so I am excited to give it a try.
Try the pin point and see how it works

Okay, went back to 2.77 temporarily and tested the SP 24 on my buried 8-9 inch silver dime. I got an audible signal and a jumpy VDI but probably would have dug it. I went back to 2.78 and tested it on the same buried silver dime and there was little difference in the two. Both versions gave good audible tone and showed as a deep target on the depth meter. Both versions gave a jumpy signal between 70's and 90's. I went ahead and left mine on 2.78 because it just seems to not be as erratic and noisy. If there is a depth difference in my opinion and limited experience with the machine it is negligible. HH

Try the pin point and see how it works
I wish I had read your post before switching back to 2.78 but I can say that I dug a few targets in my yard with both versions and had no pinpoint issues with the SP24. I can definitely notice the target separation abilities of the smaller coil and that was expected. Did you have pinpointing issues with either version?

I wish I had read your post before switching back to 2.78 but I can say that I dug a few targets in my yard with both versions and had no pinpoint issues with the SP24. I can definitely notice the target separation abilities of the smaller coil and that was expected. Did you have pinpointing issues with either version?
I’ve only used 2.68 and 2.78. 2.78 being my own machine. I always thought a big problem with 2.77 was useless pinpoint.

I’ve only used 2.68 and 2.78. 2.78 being my own machine. I always thought a big problem with 2.77 was useless pinpoint.
I really did not have 2.77 long enough to give it a complete evaluation because I didn't prefer it over 2.78. I am really liking the Simplex+ and the small coil with the carbon fiber shaft is a great addition especially in trashy areas.