Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What would you recommend for a 2nd coil?

ksabubba

For you veteran Explorer users, what would you recommend for a second coil?

I currently have the SE Pro with the Pro coil. I mainly coinshoot, a little relic hunting. Do tend to end up in worked over or trashy areas. Do I go with a 10x12 sef ,6x8 sef, or something else.

Would like to know what you think.

Thanks
ksabubba

I was being a bit flippant, but the X-1 is a coil :) My honest opinion, if you have the Pro coil, my other coils bigger and smaller have not found things the Pro won't, but then again I'm not at the level of Bryce and I don't like hunting in heavy iron and super trashy sites. As Richard Nixon said "That's not my bag!" :)

Well, since you asked, Id use my Pro Coil for the big coil, get a 6X8 for a mid sized coil and a 6" Excelerator for a small coil.. These coils I feel are the best available in their size category... Im liking the 6" over the X-5, the little extra size makes it more bearable and has great depth for a small coil plus it is quite a bargain.. I also have the 10x12 SEF and a X-12 of those 2, I like the X-12 best but could do without either one of them.. I recently have bought & tried 3 different X-8 s and they just dont have the depth of the 6x8 especially on partially masked targets. Go over them trashy areas with the Pro coil first then the 6x8 and then the 6" and you will be rewarded each time......wildherre

n/t

The Minelab 8" about 90% of the time. Great depth and seperation.

I have the stock coil as well as a smaller coil to hunt trashy areas for most all of the detectors I have used.