Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's a fair asking price for dug silver coins?

Dan(NM)

uary 17, 2022 10:36PM Registered: 6 years ago

I have close to 500 silver coins I'm thinking about selling. I am trying to get an idea of what is a reasonable asking price for dimes, quarters, half dollars and a few Morgan's. Thank you for any input you're able to offer.

Howdy Dan(NM)--
I am assuming that the silver coins that you are referring to have no numismatic value. If that is the case here is a good guide for selling:
Today, $1 face value in 90% silver goes for $17.23. I wouldn't sell it for less than $16.23. I hope that helps. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Howdy Dan(NM)--
I am assuming that the silver coins that you are referring to have no numismatic value. If that is the case here is a good guide for selling:
Today, $1 face value in 90% silver goes for $17.23. I wouldn't sell it for less than $16.23. I hope that helps. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel
Thank you.

Price is up from that quote today , scrap price is over 23 dollars
Howdy Big Tony--
You mean SPOT PRICE, don't you? I gave Dan(NM ) a realistic price that he can expect to get from a dealer for dug 90% silver. Depending on the dealer, they may offer less than the $ amount that I mentioned. Today, I wouldn't sell $1 face value for less than $16.23 and that is a fair price. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Howdy Big Tony--
You mean SPOT PRICE, don't you? I gave Dan(NM ) a realistic price that he can expect to get from a dealer for dug 90% silver. Depending on the dealer, they may offer less than the $ amount that I mentioned. Today, I wouldn't sell $1 face value for less than $16.23 and that is a fair price. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel
Yes, your correct.
I am a member of two metal detecting clubs in my home state. I try to sell to them at spot or close too that mark. Sometimes it’s a deal sometimes not but I do like to assist the clubs in their hunts.
Sometimes dealers will do more for you if you have a bulk amount but it depends on dealer.
Best ofluck and Happy Hunting!

uary 17, 2022 10:36PM Registered: 6 years ago

I have close to 500 silver coins I'm thinking about selling. I am trying to get an idea of what is a reasonable asking price for dimes, quarters, half dollars and a few Morgan's. Thank you for any input you're able to offer.
I'd hang onto to for a bit longer.
Silver is getting scarce for electronics industry.
And if times get hard.
Could come in handy.

Yes, your correct.
I am a member of two metal detecting clubs in my home state. I try to sell to them at spot or close too that mark. Sometimes it’s a deal sometimes not but I do like to assist the clubs in their hunts.
Sometimes dealers will do more for you if you have a bulk amount but it depends on dealer.
Best ofluck and Happy Hunting!
Big Tony--
That's great that you are able to help your detecting clubs like that. It all depends on the dealer. Recently, with a similar silver spot price, a friend of mine asked me to sell $400 face value in Silver Washington's for her. I checked with one dealer who offered me 10 times FV which I declined. I found a private buyer who was happy to pay 16.5 x FV. If you can get 23 x FV today , you are not doing good , you are doing GREAT!!! Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

All metal is easy to buy but hard to sell . Pawn shops are 50 cents on the dollar. You can got to a refinery but they want your ssn to send to the irs. How do you do cost basis the gov wants their share