Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's best SOV XS book?

MickTwin

I have a Minelab XS-2 Pro with BBS 10 & 8 coils and a converted (to 180) Minelab meter. I really want to master this machine and was wondering which book forum members feel is the best.

I've read (over and over) Clive James Clynick's book "Finding Gold, Silver and Coins with the Minelab Sovereign and Excalibur".

Are there any others I should get?

I have not read this book yet , but I will be sending for it soon ...... http://www.garydrayton.com/New_Sovereign_book_.html

.I read CJC's book ( the same one you have ) and you can call me stupid , but I loose a lot of what he has to say in the translation ..... Hard to follow at times .....I'm sure he knows what he's talking about , now if I can understand what he's saying .....JIm

I have several of Clive's books on the Sovereign & Excalibur detectors as well as books for other UW and beach detectors and I've found them very good. If the budget allows, it is always nice to have a variety of authors in your library.

I've not read any of Gary's books, but will certainly put them on my book list for Christmas.

Youtube is also an excellent 'source' of learning material and there are of couple of findmall members that post some excellent 'teaching' videos on the Excalibur and Sovereign.

Good luck,

Rich

Gary and Clive's books are both very helpful. I find I can never learn enough about Excalibur and I am always looking for more knowledge. I have all of Gary's books and I too like his writing style. Authors like Gary and Clive tend to consistently find because they have a great work ethic and know how to effectively use their time. When I first started using the Excalibur I read Clive's Excalibur book and it gave me very good insight into the machine. I ran into Gary Drayton hunting recently hunting in Flagler Beach and he was experimenting with different coils. A very interesting person who REALLY takes his detector to limit of its capablities.