Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's going on at Fisher (First Texas)?

michaelnc

All these new offerings from other mfgs. and not a word from Fisher. I thought First Texas had more engineers than all these other companies and some of the best to boot. Maybe First Texas isn't impressed with any of the competition but a whole slew of detectorists are starting to jump ship instead of waiting. I always liked Fisher machines but some of these new units do offer some unique new concepts and they work as advertised without the EMI problems the F-series are known to have. Just ranting and hoping for something new sooner rather than later.

I hear ya!!----We've been waiting & waiting & waiting (and waiting & watching)! :tongue:
michaelnc said:
All these new offerings from other mfgs. and not a word from Fisher. I thought First Texas had more engineers than all these other companies and some of the best to boot. Maybe First Texas isn't impressed with any of the competition but a whole slew of detectorists are starting to jump ship instead of waiting. I always liked Fisher machines but some of these new units do offer some unique new concepts and they work as advertised without the EMI problems the F-series are known to have. Just ranting and hoping for something new sooner rather than later.

There are rumors...
There is definitely a new Teknetics model that is being tested and could come out of the gate soon.
Mike Scott was using one on one of those digger shows but was careful not to say much about it except that it was new.
Most are assuming, (or hoping), this could be a multiple frequency machine but we won't know till they release it.

There are other rumors about something new in the Fisher line too, and that makes perfect sense considering they are both under the same umbrella company and can easily cross platforms and share technology.
If you announce something new but don't release it for sale that will really slow down sales of current products because those first adopter types will wait if they think something new is on the horizon, and those that plan on upgrading will usually do that too because they don't want to spend money on old technology when new technology could be right around the corner.

I expect both labels will be releasing at least one new product, maybe even more than one at different price points but right now who knows...rumors are all we have at this point
When they are ready they will let us know I am sure.

I've also been patiently waiting, but if something doesn't come along soon I'll end up with a Deus. Then my budget will be shot for a while....Ok, maybe a CZ21, too, but THEN I'm done for a bit. Wait, I also wanted a CZ3D..... dang it! :rolleyes:

I wish we would hear something about what (if anything) is happening.

Get yourself a Eurotek Pro with the 11" DD coil. It will help you make it until they release the next machine. The ET is a very good machine for the price. If you hunt in the iron you will be impressed with the iron audio feature. The target separation is super fast and the retune speed is actually as fast as many other detectors equipped with a DD coil. Now I'm not saying it will compete with all the F series, but the adjustable audio feature is a wonderful, pleasant addition if working in the iron. In addition, for those that like to run with their discrimination at zero, the iron audio allows you to either reduce the volume of iron to 0 or set to a level that allows you to still hear the iron, but at a pleasant low volume. Super machine for the money.

It is a super little detector for the price but it is a low end model and the depth maxes out around 9 inches on smaller targets. The key is to get rid of the EMI issues associated with the higher end Fishers and Teknetics. I've got one site that is directly under power lines and no matter what I do the top end Fishers and Teks will not stabilize so they can't be used. The funny thing is that the Minelab Explorer's,and Xterra's,Whites V3,XLT and Fisher CZ's have no trouble hunting this site. Now the lower end Euroteks are better with EMI but I believe its more a product of lower built in sensitivity rather than any real improvement to mitigate EMI.

I agree. I've had a cz3d that I traded, but still have cz21. Was waiting for fisher to come out with a new one. I was hoping to buy one for Christmas. Instead I pulled the trigger on a new etrac the other day. Thinking I might trade my cz21 for an f75...havent decided yet. I really dont go to the lake anymore. My wife and I go hunting mostly in the woods now.

For what its worth, I had an F75 from 2009-2011 that I loved, except when I was near power lines. It was noisy just like the rest of them (in discriminate mode). Then in 2012, I bought a Gold Bug DP, and that unit seemed to pick up virtually zero EMI, but wasn't quite as deep as the F75. Then, about August this year I acquired another F75, the black SE this time. I took it out to some of my EMI heavy spots, and sure enough, it was chattering like crazy. I was very disappointed, so I called a good buddy and asked him what I should do (possibly look into a new machine). He said to try it in the All-Metal mode..... Bingo! if you don't mind listening to the iron, this setting is AMAZING. Not only do I find it to be deeper than normal, but I love being able to hear all the iron targets. Being a civil war hunter, we all know how easy it can be to miss a little hot spot while we're out scouting if we miss that iron patch. It has made a world of difference, and it doesn't seem to pick up EMI very bad at all. In fact, on Black Friday I had a few friends into town to hunt with me, and was able to locate a fire pit by hearing the large iron targets that were mixed in with it, and it was literally directly beneath a power line that is unhuntable in discriminate mode. I had the sensitivity at 99 on the boost process when I found the fire pit underneath the power lines. (morelic55 will attest to the location of the pit)

Anyway, like I said, take that for what its worth... just my two cents, hope this helps

Here was one of the finds in the pit that day... Franklin Pierce pipe bowl

I love the all metal mode on my LTD. If it had tone ID in that mode I'd be fixed for life.

markg said:
I love the all metal mode on my LTD. If it had tone ID in that mode I'd be fixed for life.

agree 100%, if all-metal had 2 tones it would be perfect in my opinion... do you find that you pick up less EMI in all-metal as well?

Less EMI and Ground chatter in all metal mode for sure. Just have to listen to and check every target. Great for open fields. I think the 2 tone mode in disc handles noise better also. F75 is a great relic machine, and if Fisher can make a better flagship than the F75 it will have my attention for sure. I can wait though.