Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whats the best coil you have used on your MXT Pro

Just curious what coils others have used with their MXT Pro. I am thinking it is about time to invest in maybe a coil or two and would appreciate your opinions. I relic hunt and occasionally hit some old home sites where trash is present. I have the 12 in. coil that was supplied when I bought the unit new from Whites. Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill, I personally like the 9.5 stock and then the 5.3 specially where there's a lot of trash. HH, Nancy

Hey Bill, I haven't been out with the All pro yet. But the 950 coil is a good all around relic hunter. I had one on the Mxt and it did great on civil war sites as well on old homesites. If you're looking for one for trashy areas, look at the 6x9 eclipse. I may get that one myself. So many choices. Good luck on whichever coil you choose. Robert

Want to thank everyone who responded. A lot of choices here. I contacted a buddy of mine who who has a few of the ones mentioned here, 6x10, 950 and 5.3, he is bringing them over to let me borrow for a week to try out. He also has the ultimate 13 that he says is pretty good as well. I will keep you posted as I try these different coils, try to do some video as well. Thanks again, I really did not want to take a chance on one till I had your opinions.

You're very fortunate that you've got a friend close by that has the coils for you to try. That 13" is a good coil but I sure wouldn't want to swing that thing often because of the weight. I feel you'll find which coil suits your needs best. Keep us posted as to which coil or coils you'll be getting. The Findmall Classified ads are a good place to purchase used coils. HH, Nancy

Nancy, do you feel like the 13 in. Ultimate is heavier than the stock 12" that came on it? I have been swinging it and I guess I am just used to it now, it does not bother me a bit. I guess I will just try it to see. Thanks for your help. HH, Bill

Chuck(NC) said:
Need to watch the video Keith Southern did on the Sef 6x8 coil and Whites 6x10 coil

Very interesting results from the coil test.

Rich (Utah)

I liked the 9" spider coil the best overall on the mxt-pro and MX-5. For dome reason I don't like the way the solid 950 coil feels and not seeing through the coil as easy.

Bill, not knowing how heavy the 12" coil is since I do not use one, I would assume that the 13" would be fine for you if you're use to swinging that big coil. Shouldn't be too much of difference. HH, Nancy

Ive got an all pro with a coil that comes with v3i. I like it quite a bit. Ive got a 6x10 coming for my sport.

13" ultimate, then the spider.

The best all around coil I use is the 8 x 6 SEF followed by the 6 1/2" Eclipse (5.3) , 5" DD Detech and the 4 x 6 Eclipse Shooter. I also have the 13" Ultimate, 9" Spider, 10" D2, 950 Eclipse and 12" 300 Concentric. Coils are like golf clubs and fishing lures you change for the conditions encountered.

If you go from the 12" Coil to the 13 you will loose depth because the 12 is a concentric and the 13 is a DD, and the fact is Concentrics are more sensitive and have better Discrimination.

Here is a link to the Keith Southern video comparing the S.E.F. 8x6 butterfly coil to the Whites 6x10 DD coil that was mentioned on page 1 of this thread. https://youtu.be/pBT5idh8_Kk