Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

whats the best for coin and beach hunting?

A

Anonymous

Ok I made up my mind to get a fisher, but not sure on what model i want. i do only coin hunting and beach hunting and want something that goes deep! i like the the review on the new 3d but its not rain proof.and i dont like the touch pad they were out. so what do you guys on here think? i have $800 to spend. my friend has a xlt but i herd fisher goes deeper yes? so thanks for any help in this matter.

Given your criteria, it's a no-brainer. Buy the CZ-70 and you'll have a keeper for life.
I've dug up pounds of silver coins with mine and done a lot of beach hunting with it as well. It's a wet salt sand demon. I recommend the 10.5" coil for the beach, for the extra ground coverage. Or even better, the Sunray 12.5". But then you go over the $800, because the 10.5" is a little over $100. So buy the CZ-70 and then add the bigger coil later.

.........that by "Beach Hunting" you are speaking of salt water beaches.
I'm retired, live a mere 10-15 minutes from the nearest beach and have been using a a CZ 7A Pro since they first came out. It has since been superceded by the CZ 70 which is identical save for the additional tone and the cosmetic change of "Square Tab" to "Relic"....... which buys me nothing in my application.
Although primarily a beach detectorist, I do a fair amount of detecting in the parks/schools environment where it excels.
The subject CZs are very easy to learn and use, exceed the detection depth of the XLT, are hotter on nickles, have a "SALT" mode, some weather-proofing and come with a lifetime warranty if purchased new. The fact that Fisher has enough confidence in their product to offer such a warranty implies that chances of you having problems when purchasing a used unit are rather slim.
Reports on the 3D performance indicate it's great in the specialized circumstance for which it is intended, but offers no advantage on the beaches and in the newly developed parks and schools in which I detect.
My recomendation? Go with the CZ 70 if buying new, but give some consideration to the CZ 7A Pro if buying used.
Hope that helps.
Chet

Have used both digital and analog CZ's and anyone of them will serve you well for this application. Indeed on a saltwater beach the weather resistant models would be my choice...In any case get a CZ and never look back...as they will certainly hold their own with any major brand and are user friendly...

Very true indeed. And I happen to know somebody who is selling a SWEET condition CZ-70 (very little use) for $600. I started to post that too, but didn't want to seem like I was basing my advice on the sale of a buddy's machine. Besides, some people would say for the extra $200, get one with a warranty. I'm one of them. But if anybody reading this ISN'T, I know where you can get a very nice pre-owned CZ-70.