Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHAT'S THE BEST GROUND BALANCE OPTION

what's the best ground balance option on the DEUS pumping, tracking, or manual! Please explain your answer for me! Thanks

i use manual, works more stable for me.
the problem i had with tracking is that it is too much off sometimes becouse my ground has no stable miniralisation.
i never got the pumping working so cant really tell wat's best but manual works best for me.

I've used Pumping and Manual at the same time sort of...
I pump and get a reading and than go to Manual and drop it down three clicks below the reading.
It can get a little chatty some times and I'll bump it up a bit if necessary.
Tracking in my soil can't keep up at times and I find this works for me.

I am pretty new to the machine myself, but it seems to me that when I am running in tracking that it is pretty easy to track a target to "gone" when you sweep over it many times. Mostly happens on deeper sounding targets where I am trying to get enough info for a dig/pass decision. I try to get the pumping method to work, then like stated above switch to manual and tweak to the ground reading or thereabouts....

As others have mentioned, I also use pumping to get an idea of what I should run and then I use manual GB a few points lower and adjust from there as I go along.

I have the best luck in tracking and that was just some tips from other long time running Deus users and really has helped me out in my soil but thats me.