Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's the deal with so many

GaryF

Harmonica reeds....

I swear if I warped back in time I wouldn't be able to think because of all the harmonica music being played.

I have found 5 in the last 3 days at various spots and about 30 this year alone....Today my Vaquero shouted out "dig it stupid" and as I was digging I joked to my woman that it was probably another harmonic reed.
She was laughing like crazy as I pulled it out of the hole and it was about 9 inches down btw. (Sigh) I rescanned the hole, got another signal and pulled out a 4" long rusty bolt.

Guess the loggers got tired of the music and smacked it out of his mouth with the bolt....lol

HH
Gary

Back in the old days, it was taught in the schools. My mother, aunts and uncles all played. Made for a lot of fun around the camp fire. 85 years ago there was no TV, just radio. Even then Radio wasn't available everywhere. I guess it was a form of entertainment for the masses. The other thing that was popular was the Jews Harp.

Never found one of the harps.

I'd be willing to trade you some harmonica reeds for one...lol

I was thinking on what to do with them all....may clean and paint them
and make a wind chime.

HH
Gary

Your right Gary, seems like I dig a harmonica reed everytime I hunt an old place.
You had to entertain yourself back in the old days , it was a MUCH simplier time for sure.
HH

Well you could go prospecting (MDing) and find boot tacks all over or empty rusted cans of food from lunch & dinner. Miners weren't envirementalists. :rofl:

HaRM

I'm just glad they aren't Tuba's. Take a moment and imagine that.....:yikes:

I can see where boot tacks would be annoying if looking for gold. At least
if you found a trail of those you could pretty much bet at some point
the miner had to sit and fix his shoe. There he could eat, drop the can
at his feet and whip out the old tuba "I mean harmonica" and dance the
night away.

:clap:

Don't you love it when the local gun club has their annual "Shooter Palooza" into a nice natural backstop in the desert - the hillside your favorite nugget patch is on? :cry:

Heck just like pocket knifes those babies were popular when I was a kid in the 40's....every old yard has at least one of each.....

Terry Soloman said:
Don't you love it when the local gun club has their annual "Shooter Palooza" into a nice natural backstop in the desert - the hillside your favorite nugget patch is on? :cry:

Terry,

Cow town NW of Phoenix comes to mind .... hope they aren't in a gold bearing area. :yikes:

HaRM

Funny about the knives....Be willing to bet I dig 10 harmonica reeds to every knife tho.

And 40 shot gun brass to every harmonica reed.

SIGH

G

I dig a alot of spoons also. People use to eat alot outside , I guess
No A/C, No TV, Lets sit outside where it's cool. We'll Eat, play the Harmonica and whittle.