Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whats the depth on the Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl

ironman05

Does anyone know how much this Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl metal detector is worth? Or even the depth it has on coins , if its even worth purchasing for under 100.00 bucks. Thanks for any info.

heck yes 100 dollars is a steal, here in Kansas we were digging coins at 7 inches easy if set right,they sell easily for around 250 and up

i have a 5900..... its my go to machine for park hunting and dry sand beach hunting..... if in good working order $100 is a steal...i bought mine at a yard sale years ago for $75.... needless to say its paid it self off many many many times over..... ive gotten quarters a foot deep , large cents 8 inches deep....i use the 5.3 inch coil for trashy areas it really helps with target separation and gives a very acurate pinpoint..... if you are working in a very trashy park and only want to cherry pick the clad turn disc up to 7....quarters and dimes will still hit loud and clear while most canslaw and garbage will null or crackle....at the fresh water beaches ive dug quite a few gold and silver stud earings with it..... just keep in mind that most gold signals will null at a disc setting 6 or higher.......good luck....

a quick toll free call to whites will get you the mfg dates for the 5900 I am thinking they quit making the 5900 in the late 90's

I have two paid $150 for the first one and just recently bought a mint one for $ 300

Sweeping-4-junk said:
Late 80 's i think they ceased to be made...

My 5900 Di Pro SL is the CB model....the CB stands for composite board & is the latest circuit board design for the 5900. Mine was made in 1994, they continued to be made till around Y2K.

If you take the time to learn the 5900, it will go deep. The key to depth is to adjust the Signal Balance on the hot side and also adjust the the Ground Balance to compensate for the hotter Signal Balance setting. They must be tuned together & the GB sequence has a short learning curve to be successful.

Now to the question how deep it is, that depends on what coil is being used. Once while using the 8" diameter ProScan concentric, I found a 1895 10 KT women's gold class ring at a measured 8 or 9 inches deep. Dimes at about the same depth, some deeper coins like quarters at 9 or 10 inches. It will keep up with the modern digital detector as far as depth is concerned.