Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's the going price of a CZ 5 or CZ 6A ?

Woodstock

My brother asked me to make a price check on both . These two are the ones he is thinking about are in nice shape and he whats me to check and see what there average price range is ... let's go from average condition to excellent . Also can anyone clue me in on when each was manufactured from begnning to when they were discontinued ? Any info that I can pass onto him is greatly appreciated ! HH , Woodstock

I would say a CZ5 or CZ6a, with standard stock 8 inch coil and S shaft, would go from $350-$450 depending on condition.

But don't be surprised if they go for more. The older CZ's in great condition are actually rising in price. That is, 4-5 years ago the asking price on used ones were a tad lower. I got a CZ20 in super shape, with hard case, for $400 awhile back. Probably could get $450-$500 now (if not more).

But my two CZ6a's and CZ20 will never up for sale. I would deplete all extra inventory if need be, and just keep those 3 if I had to.

If he can snag a clean CZ6a in the $350-$400 range, I say get it immediately !!!!

therover is spot on with prices and good ones are getting tougher to find every day....CZ6A was only made for several years and CZ5 for many years so chances of getting a newer CZ5 are greater however the CZ5 does not have the internal rubbers that make it more weather resistant but does have an external speaker...
Although either one is no longer made Fisher can fix them if the go down using the CZ3D parts as its still being made. The old Fisher used to be able to tell you its age by ser # but don't think the new Fisher can or will.

Thanks Dan , Where can I find out what years the CZ6 A was produced or what year they stopped making them ? My bro never took an interest in detecting and a friend of his in Milwaukee that inherited them has no clue . Thanks for everything ! HH, Woodstock

CZ6A.. Late 1992 replacing original CZ6 only made for several years and then only made CZ5 as consumer wanted a unit with outside speaker without headphones and weather resistant features of CZ6A were expensive to produce...
CZ5...1993 and year or so after CZ3D was introduced in 2004 they were discontinued....so CZ5 had a much longer run..
Only guesstimates but pretty close......
Perhaps the new Fisher may be able to help you out but tell your bro his friend inherited a 20 year old unit(oldie but goodie) as own one myself and like the proverbial watch takes a licken and keeps on ticken with little or no problems....and will go as deep or deeper coil for coil as 2013 units....

Thanks Dan ,
I've owned all the 1200 ( 1220-1260-1265-1266 ) series from back then but never any of the CZ series because they were a few hundred more than I could afford so I don't know much about them but I like the 3 tones and pin pointing I've researched . I know it has a white 8 " stock coil and I've read that earlier models had 4 pin plugs and needed a mod from Fisher to accept newer coils . Is that true ? I've read that they are real deep with a 10 1/2 " . HH. Woodstock

Hey Dan ... maybe I should have just asked you if the CZ6 had 4 pin and the CZ6A a five pin to simplify it . Woodstock

CZ6 originally came with a 4 pin setup however this molded plug failed on many original CZ6 units and Fisher removed the pigtail and gave it a 5 pin CZ6A setup.

So its possible he may have an original 4 pin or it could have been changed to a 5 pin but still have a CZ6 sticker on it...

Woodstock early CZ6A units had the white coil and if it has a CZ6A sticker its a five pin..

If it has a CZ6 sticker and original its 4 pin, but so many were changed over could be one Fisher modded and have a 5 pin setup.....

Heck to answer your question a CZ goes deep with the stock 8 inch and an inch or two depth gained with the 10.5 but coverage is really enhanced...

Hi Dan ,
Well that's about all the information I need to pass on to the bro . It's a CZ 6a so I hope he works out a deal based on the age and condition . Otherwise I'll have to drive down to Milwaukee and help him out . Heck , maybe he'll like detecting and we can go out and hunt together . Worst case would be he'd let me hang onto it . Thanks for a the CZ help and Happy Trails and Hunting to you . Woodstock