Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's the highest signal loss you've seen?

nw1886

Was out doing a hunt in an old yard this afternoon. Had RX running at 9. Disc. Sensitivity at 85. (Loss was at 39 to 54% between the three frequencies?) When you guy's see this.....how would you approach getting more signal back? I did try lower RX and 90 on the Disc. Sensitivity but was about the same. Lot's of overhead power lines, it still ran super smooth but..... depth was at maybe four inches on the deepest good targets max. The yard had regrading for sure so not sure what all could be left down deeper and where. (Did pull out a lot of clad!)

Figured out the issue last night. Borrowed a V rated coil (6x10) from a friend and turned out to be a problem with my DFX 6x10 and a damaged cable. Put the new coil on and performance was way better than I'd ever had before with the oldie. (Bummer cuz that coil was accepting TX Boost before!) With the new coil I was able to run settings high and well....may have to get a V rated sooner than expected!

Sorry,
I didnt see this post before. I am glad you have got your problem straightened out. If this problem does occur in the future with any coil, The answer would be to turn on TX boost and lower the Rx gain. You can get better depth with the boost on and running the boost is not as susceptible to emi as turning up the rx gain. Downside is really drains the battery's.