Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

whats the racer like in water ?(non saline )

targets

as in the TID accuracy when the coil is under water ,thats assuming it can be dunked ,not the box of course

myself, but the search coil and lower rods get wet without a problem. There's a recent video posted today of the Racer being worked over a tub of challenging dirt, as well as on a saltwater beach. Even at high Gain both on and in the salty beach water it was quite stable. I haven't made it to the Oregon coast yet, but in our freshwater local 'lake' on the beach and into the shallow water, I haven't had a problem. Not with the FORS CoRe or the Racer using the stock 7X11 DD coils.

It was 61.5° and mostly sunny yesterday, but today it warmed to a very rainy 45.5° by 11:37 AM, but now, at 1:02 PM it has chilled down to 44.7° and is still showery. Kind of ruined by detecting day. :( So, I am going to make a trip to a neighboring town, and after a stop at the bank I'll go about ten miles further to a much more active beach [size=small](in the summer time)[/size] and see if conditions improve for a while.

If the rain lets up I might do a little side-by-side testing in the beach sand with the stock 7X11 and larger 13X15 Double-D coils. All the while, hoping to encounter a decent gold ring, I will be wishing for an early arrival of full-time spring weather that will quickly blend into summer. I'm tired of rain. :ranting:

Monte