Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whats up been slow on the Safari post's ?

sasquache

Hello everyone just wondering has everyone not been out with there Safari's ? Or is it to hot to detect? I gotta say for me ive been so busy with work,home projects,Family,heat and humidity lol but next weekend im going to try and bring my old girl for a ride (Safari) LOL. Have a great day my friends.

Sasquache, I do not own a Safari, but I am very seriously considering one in the very near future. I have a few priorities that I need to take care of first. I have been considering either a Equinox or the Safari. I'm not much into water hunting and the type of hunting I do (relic hunting), I feel that the Safari would be a better fit for me. I already have the sponsor picked out where I'll purchase the Safari when I'm ready. They have a great Safari package thrown together, I just hope it is still available when I'm ready to take the leap. HH

Confetrit said:
Sasquache, I do not own a Safari, but I am very seriously considering one in the very near future. I have a few priorities that I need to take care of first. I have been considering either a Equinox or the Safari. I'm not much into water hunting and the type of hunting I do (relic hunting), I feel that the Safari would be a better fit for me. I already have the sponsor picked out where I'll purchase the Safari when I'm ready. They have a great Safari package thrown together, I just hope it is still available when I'm ready to take the leap. HH
I so agree confetrit the Safari is a excellent choice for all types of detecting if i ever upgrade it will be the Etrac most likely but not thats not becouse all the hype its becpuse it gives a little more target ID i hunt side by side with a friend that owns a Etrac and he doesn't do any better then i do on finding coins,relics, he can disc and understand what the targets are in the ground better with the placement of the curser but even thats not 100% percent accurate but agane theres more to adjust,set on his Etrac. But for now the Safari for me. Happy hunting.Paul

It's just been too hot, coupled with the humidity to detect here (SoCal) also, I've been busy getting ready to move out of California in a month or two to some property (10 acres) I have in Southern Utah. I just got back yesterday from driving a 26 foot U-Haul truck up there)!!! I've been cleaning and painting my house getting it prepped to sell as well which has been a really exhausting job in triple digit heat!
I have family coming in from Texas and Illinois with 7 grand kids for 2 weeks so I'll definitely not get any detecting in as of this weekend!!!! We'll all be in the swimming pool most of the time!!lol. When they return home and I've moved North, in the cooler weather, you'll find me out there swinging my machine again!...Goldstrike.

Wow i gotta say Goldstrike your one busy person good luck with the move and if you get out swinging nest of Luck to you.

John 71 said:
I'm thanking about getting one. I do have a equinox 600 but like to see what one is the best.
Hello John I've owned my Safari for a few years now and I have to say its defiantly a contender i wouldn't trade it for a Equinox 600 or 800 or any other detector just becouse its done me well over the years and believe me i hunt around some of the top detectors out there and i do just as well on finds i have several different coils for it the 13 inch dd round detech coil (deep), a 5X10 dd sef coil (trashy areas) and the stock 11 fbs coil they all have there place for sure. Now i have to say if i go slow and low i won't miss much so if you like to take it slow and enjoy that when your out i would consider a Safari. Thsnk you Paul

Yes, unfortunately all the reasons noted above.. I haven't been out in what seems like months.
Not going for either NOX yet.. Just going to get a larger coil, possibly back to the pro 11' or something larger for the fields and woods ... HH .

You should try the 13 Detech coil amazing depth for sure love mine on my Safari.

As much as I would love to go out detecting right now, it's just too dang hot!!! I'm entertaining family from out of town and although I love them all AND the 7 grandkid's, I have cabin fever real bad!!lol. Even if they were not here visiting, it's still uncomfortably hot in the triple digits. Phew!!!

Busy with work, wife's to do list and almost all of the places I like to hunt have crops growing on them right now. Going through some serious withdraws...