Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whats up with Jimmy?

Diggindumbstuff

What happened to the Legend Jimmy Sierra? I get it , even Legends kinda retire. I have always heard how great his stuff is/was and how hard they are to get, but no one has carried all that on? While back on FEEbay someone was selling Jimmy's personal notes and assembly directions for the Bigfoot coils and others and coils partially assembled. Whats up with that?? The Bigfoot coils for Mxt go for stupid money. Nobody is trying to make those? I read posts before where folks contacting White's about the SST and they claimed thats not a White's machine and don't act like they even know who he is. Whats up with that? I know some of the Old Timers left a couple years back but really?
Just curious. Trying to scatter the crickets that are gathering around here.

I have one of Jimmy's Big Foot coils for the XLT, IDX. a lot of the Classic, almost any 6.59KHz detectors. I had one before, and sold it, now I one more. I have seen them sell for 500.00 or more. I priced this one for $350.00 and no one wanted it. I think they just don't know much about them. I liked Jimmy, he was very helpful, and would try and help with any detecting thing he could.

I think alot of politics was involved,i doubt very much at his age that Jimmy will re-enter back into selling anything detector related if i am honest,he is still involved with bring folks over from the US to the UK a couple of times a year on detecting holidays.

Jimmy "Sierra" Normandi just sold the Bigfoot coils he didn't design or manufacture them. Jim Karbowski was the iinventor/designer and built each coil by hand. It is Jim's notes and drawings on the Bigfoot coils that have been for sale on eBay.

Very interesting. I thought something was up when the old timers were leaving and ended up with First Texas.

:ausflag: Have been wondering about the whereabouts of Jimmy.
Jimmy gave me some great advice re the Eagle 2, the XLT and the Sierra Madre. As far as I am concerned he is a legend in the metal detecting world.
Long Live Jimmy Sierra. :beers:

i recall in the side pages of many older W&E Treasures mag, that Jimmy Sierra would advertise special detecting trips overseas. Now that would be something I would of loved to do.

I bought a dfx with a bigfoot coil on Craigslist a while back. That night I sold the bigfoot coil for the same price I paid for the whole setup. I didn't keep the dfx, but now I have a v3i and another brand I like very much