Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whats up with the bigfoot coils??

I decided to sell my bigfoot coil to get a DX-1 probe and couldnt believe what it sold for on Ebay. Is Jimmy Sierra mass back logged on these?? Just curious if anyone knows.:shrug:

Great investment don't you think? Hope you're the one that got the $400 plus! Seems like the guy that made these passed away, but I could be wrong. It's been a long time since they've been in stock. Larry and I still have ours and we wouldn't part with them. We've found so much clad, etc. and are great for hunting around playground equipment and large fields, etc. It's one nice coil, but if you don't use it, you might as well sell it. Glad you got a premium price! HH, Nancy

Nancy you are correct, the fellow who made the coils did pass a way from an unfortunate accident. I had a chance to talk with a close friend of Jimmy's some time before Christmas. He said that Jimmy had bought the rights to the coils and was preparing to manufacture them himself or in conjunction with White's.

Thanks for the info Sysgrade. Nancy

Intereating news!! Nancy...Lets just say I could pay for a DX-1 two times and still have money left!! I think I may get the 12x15 SEF from Kellyco as well! :yo:

Good going! You will love, L-O-V-E that DX-1 probe. You'll wonder why you didn't get that right off the bat when you bought your MXT. It's that GREAT! HH, Nancy

Hotfoot is a great coil.

It is performance and not price that drives a great product. The Dx-1 and the Hotfoot/Bigfoots are each in a class of their own in the limits of HOW they perform. The right tool for the job thinking sez you cannot fix everything with a hammer. Each coil has similarities and differences like a set of chisels or router bits. All work. How you use them and what limits each have is fuel for many a lively conversation.

Much can be done with a single coil at the control of a skilled operator. I have even detected with the DX-1 as the main coil in a situation where it was the only working solution. What we all desire is the Swiss Army Knife coil that does it all. That dream coil is what drives the coil market because the science of electromagnetic design has variables. Some design gains are at the expense of others so compromise takes place. Do you know how long one wavelength at 14 KHZ is?

When you dig on a deep target and really do not wish to use a backhoe, then a smaller coil in the hole is going to be real nifty when you want to zero in on the dig. I have been up to my shoulder on MXT targets and the fact of the matter is that the DX1 has it's limits of detecting depth. When the stock coil detects the target but the Probe at max Sensitivity does not, an intermediate coil sure makes the smile.

Most situations or locations require nothing more than the stock coil but every time you need a smaller coil or probe, using them will make the difficult recoveries much more easy.

Kill your TV, buy more coils, go outside and play.

SJ

I have a slightly damaged Bigfoot. (Going to fix it and keep it.) I miss using it and probably will have to get a separate, used machine, to run it. Would a Classic III work with it? Scott

There's no comparison. The hotfoot is smaller and has better separation because it IS smaller. The Bigfoot sweeps very wide areas and is so extremely accurate in pinpointing. I won't part with my Bigfoot coil. NO way! IMHO. HH, Nancy

I just wish they wiould start making them again!!!!!!!