Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's up with the Makro Pointer?

Rebel1

Are they available yet? Has anyone that has been able to get one got any opinions on them? Are they really any better than the Garrett Pro Pointer? Any info on them appreciated. Thanks

don't know for sure on the avaiablity but one dealer has them advertised as stocking stuffers so i would think they are available.

Thanks. E-bay has a bunch of dealers advertizing them but son't know if they have them in stock. I would like to know how they hold up, expecially under water.

I got mine from Windy City detectors in Chicago and it works great! I never used a pro pointer but had a Nokta RS and it seems to have the same build quality which is awesome. Haven't used mine under water as I don't water hunt, I may someday though. I bought mine because of all the rain and mud in the PNW just trashed my non water proof one after awhile. (which Nokta replaced free of charge btw) The only problem I ran into with mine was with the proximity beeper with the scraper blade on it. It wouldn't go to a solid tone when you were touching a penny or dime right at the very tip and when I noticed it I was using it at night for the first time and having trouble zeroing in on them. It seemed to work fine when finding a quarter sized object or with the regular cover on it. I emailed Makro and they had me call the US service center. The guy on the phone said the one had had there seemed to work ok. I asked about just grinding that tip down a bit and he said that was fine because there was a lot of material in there and the tip was kind of designed to be ground down over time. It almost looked like when it was molded that it had a little extra flashing on the tip or something? like an 1/8"? Which seemed to be just enough...........They have a 2yr warranty and I have no doubt that they would stand behind their product exactly like Nokta did with theirs, in fact I think they work together on a lot of this stuff. GL HH

Thanks for the reply and info on yours. I want it to use in the water so i guess i will have to order one soon. Thanks again.