Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's up with the new coinmaster?

Utah Neal

[size=medium]Just curious, is it based off of the rest of the Prizm line of detectors? How does it compare to the other Prizms? Does it take the prizm coils? would it be a good choice for my 9 and 13 year old kids? Anyone tried one? Would it be worth my investment?

Any other info and insight on this unit would be greatly appreciated.
[/size]

The little guy does work well! I messed around with it and seems to be a nice box for a beginner. They sure have a lot more quality to the feel of 'em compaired to the Ace 250. (Not too much should be taken with that comment... as I haven't detected with either but just the feel of it seems more solid.)

Having had a Prizm IV.I replaced it with an Ace250.Why? Because the Ace has a faster refresh rate (returning to search mode after identifying a target) than the Prizm. That was my main gripe and why i replaced it. I imagine the coinmaster will be great for kids or people who are on vacation and want to search their camp site etc.Price is good,which keeps the cost of adventure low. Whites did good.

Don't know about the new Coinmaster, but like Groundshaker I had a Prizm IV that I traded for a Tesoro DeLeon for the same reason - slow recovery, retune.
HH
BB

For the dollar, it has to be the best value out there as it was certainly aimed at the competition for the Garrett Ace 250 and budget-priced Bounty Hunter's, etc. It's not what my XLT or MXT are, or other higher-cost White's I enjoy, but at that price-point it is now the entry-level or back-up unit I recommend. $179 suggested retail is tough to beat. :thumbup:

Yes, a slower response and recovery time like many/most of the competitive offerings anywhere close to that price, but overall I find it the better value, to be sure. I prefer a good Classic ID or IDX Pro, but they aren't made, they're harder to find, and the Coinmaster does provide a lighter weight and coin depth, to name two things. Now I just need to get a Prizm Shooter coil for it. :)

Monte

Monte said:

Yes, a slower response and recovery time like many/most of the competitive offerings anywhere close to that price, but overall I find it the better value, to be sure.

Monte

http://whiteselectronics.com/coinmaster.html

Remember, slower response and recovery time allows the detector more time to analyze deeper targets, which means ti should be deeper seeking than the ACE.

Does anyone know what frequency it operates at? With the Coinmaster name on it, I would hope for a lower frequency machine, but my guess is 7Khz?

Will be trying one really soon when they arrive down here in OZ but if they have the same great iron discrimination as the other Prizm's have they should be a top cheap little machine. I personally find the Prizm's have one of the best iron discriminating systems out. Over, or down here, in OZ on our goldfields they beat most others in that department. There is a cheap Chinese machine sold here wrongly labled the "Gold Snoop" which the importer claims beats nearly all machines up to and over a $1000. What a joke. It picks up a good portion of iron as a good solid target which the Prizm's wont even register or even wheeze on let alone give a signal. You have to turn the Gold Snoop disc up to 70% before it gets rid of them and when this happens you loose nearly all your gold, most of your coins and nealry all other relics you would want to keep. The Prizm's will get rid of all the same iron on minimal disc range and retain all the good stuff no probs. They make the Snoop look like what it is, a TOY. Im getting the Prizm 6T for that very reason, ones on the way in our shipment with my name on it. Whilst others will be digging up iron junk because their machine gave it a good call and waste a good protion of their time doing so ill be rejecting it for what it is, junk, with my Prizm 6T.