Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's wrong with basic 1?

fsdigital12

Why is basic 1 considered a "beginner mode"? And when you advertise you used the mode, people think you're crazy.... What's wrong with it? I know people might say, to get the best of the machine you need to adjust to the location...

You have hit on my theory of Deus ownership. Pick a program and use it. Sure some mystic dialed in change might be slightly better but if you put the coil over most targets you will find it. I lose it when people sell their Deus because they can't handle the technical part of it. Come on, turn the stupid thing on, beep and dig. Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. I used my for over a year before I did any fancy changes. I now have a couple of saved programs but still think I could go back to the factory programs and dig the heck out of stuff. Some guys love tweaking and I am sure it helps. The Deus is a light weight, super neat, git'r done detector right out of the box. Nine times out of ten I am hunting in iron around an old farm house site and I am in Deus Fast. I am sure I could use other programs but I am digging, having fun, and finding stuff. I have fiddled around with the menu enough that I find myself doing some tweaks now. If you want to use it as a turn on and go, I say go for it.

Don
HH

cometguy said:
You have hit on my theory of Deus ownership. Pick a program and use it. Sure some mystic dialed in change might be slightly better but if you put the coil over most targets you will find it. I lose it when people sell their Deus because they can't handle the technical part of it. Come on, turn the stupid thing on, beep and dig. Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. I used my for over a year before I did any fancy changes. I now have a couple of saved programs but still think I could go back to the factory programs and dig the heck out of stuff. Some guys love tweaking and I am sure it helps. The Deus is a light weight, super neat, git'r done detector right out of the box. Nine times out of ten I am hunting in iron around an old farm house site and I am in Deus Fast. I am sure I could use other programs but I am digging, having fun, and finding stuff. I have fiddled around with the menu enough that I find myself doing some tweaks now. If you want to use it as a turn on and go, I say go for it.

Don
HH

Don hit it right on the head, the settings in the factory programs are very good and as Andy Sabisch previously said XP has put a lot of time and thought into the factory settings and who would know more about the detector and what settings to use than the the folks that build the machine. The basic 1 program is a good place to start and get a good feel for your detector. If you are into adjustments I would recommend Andy Sabisch's book.Good luck and enjoy!

All i use is either Basic1 or Deus Fast and that is it,the only think i sometimes change is by dropping the freq down to 12Khz,i run it basically like a beep and dig detector,keep it simple is my motto.These settings work for 99% for all of my roman,saxon and celtic sites.

You can make it over complicated if adjusting too many setting,i also rarely use the screen its all in the tones through the WS5 headphones,as yet its never let me down and i certainly find some nice finds and the main thing is i really enjoy detecting and using it.Thats the bottom line

Basic 2 is also a great program for trashy places...again, right out of the box! It's especially useful in mitigating those pesky steel bottlecaps and does well in the depth department...perfect for someone "getting their feet wet" with the Deus