Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what's wrong

jhettel

I have a new Minelab Safari and I am having a problem finding some old military buttons. My friend has a souped up older White's Eagle, no matter where we go, or who we are with, he consistantly finds more than anyone. We have been to a local historic site four times in the last month, he has found about 20 military buttons dating between 1804 and 1825, I have found one. However, my one and only button is extremely rare, AY30 in Albert's button book, with a rarity of 100 in the book. That button is worth $500-750 according to Mark Parker. Even though I have only found one button, I am just not sure what I am doing wrong? He is finding buttons all around me and I am finding nothing. I am using the coin mode, and occasionally drop down to the coin and jewelry mode, I have tried in automatic sensitivity, high sensitivity, and low sensitivity and not much helps. I have also used a special program I got online where you delete all the iron bars in coin mode, with the cursor, then save it to relic mode, which now turns all iron into high tones and all non-ferrous into low tones, that didn't work. On our way home today we were wondering if maybe the detector is discriminating out the buttons, although they seem to fall within the coin range numerically. I really did not try the relic mode, but was wondering if maybe this was the mode I should be using? I have over 160 buttons from this site, but in the last three outings with the Safari have just found one button, but that was a "banner" find on another site. Any ideas or help?

Sounds like you are discriminating alot out. When I hit a historic site like that I will run in relic mode high trash auto sensitivity. Did everything but iron. Alot of buttons for me show up in the high 20's or low 30's.

I think you just aren't getting the coil over a button. try this, follow your buddy & next time your buddy gets a button signal with his Whites ask him if you can scan it with the Safari to see if you see the same target. If not try adjusting the sensitivity. I know I have a quarter buried in my yard & when I crank the sens up to max I don't read it real good, I drop the sensitivity down to 16 & it comes in loud & clear, Max sens is not always a good thing. Also try running ALL METAL, That's how I run 95% of the time & it works for me