Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whats your best setting for coins on a F75 ?

Woodstock

Hey Fisher Fiends...I soon to have another F75 and I want to thank the members who posted some VDI numbers but now I realized that I'd like to know what you use for the best coin shootin' settings. It been awhile since I was behind the wheel of one of these baby's and besides the quick start stuff I want to get a jump on what you Fisher Fiends found to be what works best for you...and I'll take it from there. Happy Trails to All of You and Happy Hunting too! Woodstock :)

disc #6 "gain" as high as you can get it stable. whatever number you can (gb) at
then add 2 numbers in manual! run in either 2f,or 4h tones,mount the 5" in a "butchered"
site,slow down,and go to work! if you can run disc at 0 do so,as this will help with unmasking in the "junk"
with all the iron "usually" encountered,this may be difficult,because you will have to go very slow,but can be
enormously rewarding!..good luck!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I prefer all metal mode with boost process and dig everything that hit's 16 to 91. I know it is a a lot of work and can get frustrating, but I know that I am not missing anything. Also it clears out trash that could be masking targets that I may find on my next trip to the location.

I mostly agree with jmaryt.
In my area the following settings work best with my 75 (inland detecting).

High iron/trash area; disc 0 to 4, highest sens, de mode, 4 tone. With these settings the 75 will be picking up almost everything as you swing the coil over the ground....very very sensitive, it may drive you nuts. If you can stand it, dig the repeatable tone(s) your after.

Best for unmasking in high iron; disc 6, highest sens, de mode,1 tone, dig repeatables.

Best for low trash; disc 0, highest sens (99), de or je mode, 4 tone.

75 is noted for picking up EMI and will hinder performance, adjust settings (freq shift, sens or raise disc) or move to a different site.

If hunting near Explorers/Etracs, have them do a noise cancel near/next your 75. You can hear there machines through your headphones going through their freq, sounds like rapid fire, until the Exp/Etracs settle on a quiet freq to your 75.

Breaking into the 75, just use default settings and get use to the machine. After that CRANK IT UP!!

Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm getting a standard F75 so there isb't a boost mode and all the chatter doesn't bother me a bit....I've been getting static from my wife for over 30 years and it's still EMI but it's different and called "Every Mans Insanity" noise so it's a bit quieter...lol..but seriously...thanks everyone! Happy Hunting, Woodstock

Sens as high as i can run somewhat stable. 2F tones DE mode. Listen for good solid repeatable hits!

EMI, Every Mans Insanity, Wife Static, now thats funny.

you are welcome! best of luck with your new toy!
after a while you will feel like a little kid again! i guarantee it!
giddy with excitement,and trust me,when ya "pop" a nice ring with it,and give it to the wife,
you won't hear s**t no more! .no more "red flags" either!..heh! heh! heh!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Ya Steve I spent the last thirty plus years with EMI. It starts with high level EMI inside her head that radiates signals she thinks are unauditable, those EMI signals are called
"Every Man's an Idiot". And they well follow me all day with mine coming in loud and clear as I described. So they tiny bit of what I have to deal with the F75 is a "walk in the park" and that's what I'm doing as soon I get it...lol, I'm sure some of us will understand. Happy Trails, Woodstock