Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wheat and silver:clapping:

PACK RAT

Finally got permission to hunt the fair grounds again. It has been the location for county fair since late 1800's. Thought would be a good place for older coins. Did hit a total of $1.18, one being a 1939-d wheat and found a flattened 925 ring. Not much of a ring but I will still take it, it is silver. Have got to get to the back by the old out buildings and corrals maybe the finds will get more frequent. Also hit the school again where I hit the 54 dime. No more silver today but did get another $1.44 in clad for the pin pointer fund.( Total clad take for the day $2.61, wont give up the old stuff!)You all have a good Fathers Day and may the silver and gold run thick for you.

Did you happen to notice if the fair grounds had already been searched? Sometimes when I think I'm onto a good thing and when I get there and I don't find anything the first thing I look for are indications of other ground pounders. Sometimes it's not that difficult as they don't cover their track (holes)!!!

Additionally, I note that when I hit a field twice, or more often I always seem to find clad that I missed the first, or even second time around. Thus, I bet you the good stuff is still there waiting to be had.

How hard was it to get permission to search the grounds?

Good Luck, and keep on digging!

Thanks guys. I barely scratched the surface of the area to hunt. The area is huge, Many acres and there is no signs of others hunting the area. There were a couple hunters in my town but I know one passed on and haven't seen anything of the other for some time. Had one guy stop while I was hunting the old library park and he told me he has a xlt(He was kind of looking down on my Bounty Hunter) said it was a lot more expensive than mine. He said he spent around $2100.00 for it with the accessories. First of all he's probably into it for about $1200 too much! I don't go for anyone looking down on someone or what they are swinging. I asked him if he had ever hit this park because he lived across the street, He said "Oh yeah, I've cleaned this one out, not anything left." I reached into my pocket and pulled out the coins and the 4 rings I had found (the rings where cheap, but he didn't know that). Said this stuff looks like it's been in the ground for sometime, and quickly shoved it back into my pocket. He didn't hang around too long after that. I think he was just talking crap and don't even have a detector. But I haven't seen another hunter in this town for over 1 1/2 years or so. The town about 12 miles from here has a few though. To get permission to hunt there wasn't too bad, just have too check in with the police before I go out. Plan on hitting for awhile. Going to get back by the old corrals and adobe out buildings. Couldn't get there last hunt because they had some people out there working their horses.Will post the findings. Take care..

Thanks for the update. There's a Fair Ground near me, and an old horse race track. Would like to check them out, but haven't search the yellow pages yet. Something to do during the long winter days I guess.

For the past two days I hit an old ball field that has provided me with a number of wheat's, and both days I've come away with two good looking coppers, and I know there's still more out there. Just depends on how you swing, and the way the winds blowing. I have a gut feeling that there's silver there, just yet to find it. I did find a 1954 Republica De Venezula 835 25 centimos - Maybe that's my silver.....

Good luck!!

Now thats a cool find and .835 silver to boot. Sounds like you may have a very good spot. Keep hitting it because I'm sure there is more. To get permission to hunt the fairgrounds here I called city hall and asked who do I talk to for permission. They just transfered me to the person, I explained what I wanted and that I leave the place the same way it was before I got there.(The reason for that is they locked it down due to vandalism to start with.) He told me he wouldn't mind if I went there to metal detect but I needed to talk to the police about getting in. I asked if he would be OK if I dropped his name when I talked to them and he said OK. I called the police and told them he gave me permission to go there and how did they want me to check in, in person or to call? They really didn't sound to crazy about the idea but said to just call first and then I can enter through the walk in gate only. The reason I'm telling you all this is because if you got directly to the police for permission, you have a bigger chance of getting the no answer. They usually are to their routine and don't like anything to change. If you have the big name and just represent that it has already been all worked out and all they have to do is receive a phone call their more apt. to go with it. Good finds and good luck.