Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wheat Pennies.

Goldstrike

What do you do with the wheat pennies you find? I contacted a guy the other day (over the internet) and he said he was giving 2 cents each for them and of course more $$'s for key dates. It would take a whole lot of wheat pennies to bring in some real money but we have a choice to either put them to one side and keep them or sell them for.....2 cents or more! I don't think this question has ever been asked on the forum's?

:shrug:

I just put them in jars and put them in the closet, when I pass somebody else can deal with them.

Ron in WV

I gave a elementary school teacher a lot of wheats I found.

In his History teachings he passed out Wheat cents to his students.He said the kids were fascinated with the difference from the current cents.

For a good number of years I gave the common date ones a brief tumble and then rolled them and put them back in circulation thinking someone might get a charge out of getting one in change. A few years ago I sold a batch for 2 cents apiece. I now have a gold pan 3/4 full. HH jim tn

I keep all the ones I find in everyday pocket change but those are getting rare these days...at least for me.

They'll be worth more than 2 cents apiece as time goes on and they become more rare. Right now if you see one in change it is already rare and we are finding less and less of them metal hunting, I can see them going for 10 cents apiece in the next five years.

try giving out Buffaloes and V-Nickles (I give away dug or no date.)
As to prices of Wheaties.....common ones in Vg 8 to Fine can bring .10 cents on on the 'bay.

I give them to my wife.. i call it " a wheaty for my sweety ".. she could care less but likes hearing me say that phase..

There yah go!!!-----I knew there was a good reason for having them!!----Yah hearin that Jim???-----Don't save 'em yourself but give 'em to your wife!----(tell her she BETTER keep every one of 'em tho!!!:biggrin:
bootyhoundpa said:
I give them to my wife.. i call it " a wheaty for my sweety ".. she could care less but likes hearing me say that phase..

All great comments and thank you for your input! I have a good long time friend that ran a plating business in the 60's and 70's. He retired many years ago now but he always carried a pocketful of chrome plated pennies. He would give them out as a keep sake and it's amazing how many family and friends and extended family, grandchildren all now grown up! happily received those plated coins. We always remember Joe Glick when we come across our plated pennies in a drawers or cupboard's!!.

Lets just all get together and have a game. Wheaties only!

Playing among friends once and someone slipped in what they thought was a foreign coin-I got a well worn 1/2 dime. :clapping:

Good thought, Del, but my wife doesn't even want any of the silver and gold I find. Lucky me! Ha. HH jim tn

jim tn said:
Good thought, Del, but my wife doesn't even want any of the silver and gold I find. Lucky me! Ha. HH jim tn
'
WOW .. the perfect wife... doesn't like Silver and Gold ... What'ca think of that Del... :
Some guys are just "really lucky"...:devil:

I kid you not my snow blowing friend. I offered her a 1 gram silver ring I found the other day and she threw it at me. I told ya she didn't go for silver and gold! HH jim tn