Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHEAT PENNY HILL

A

Anonymous

Got back to a site this evening I have nic named wheat penny hill. Used the 14 inch coil, relic mode
gain on 10 disc at 3 trigger center and forward. Noticed something on this threshold today, with the trigger in the center it hums non stop, flip the trigger forward and the threshold diasppears with the hit of each target. This is some nasty dirt, mineral read in the 80's and there is a lot of iron in the ground, and some big pieces. There is one area about big enuff to park 2 cars side by side and about every coin I have found there has came from this spot. Well I went over it again with the 14 inch coil, got 7 wheats a 1941 nickel and 1 clad penny. I wish I would have had the 5 inch coil, set up to disc out iron I was listening for the high tones, a coiple times I would get a high tone one way then a iron reading from the other, 3 times I found a wheatie very close to a big nail or other trash. I have hit this spot hard with the stock coil and a whites 4x6. The 14 inch coil sniffed out coins they did not get or either I missed, I did get some crazy readings on some of the coins but there are over head power lines and the area is super trashy. Got a tech. question, what are groung minerals ?? Why do they seem to read higher where there is a lot of iron trash ?? I am planning to go back again and try the 5 inch coil.
Ray

Congrats on your continuing to find coins. Keep at it. As to your question on ground minerals, GND on your MXT indicates the phase or measurement of the ground. Ground readings in the upper 70's and 80's are considered heavy iron mineralization. So, it would make sense that if you are hunting in an area that has a lot of iron trash, that the oxidation of the iron (rust) would be leeching out into the soil in that area. I have also found that the chemicals we put in our soil will cause the GND levels to read higher. To prove this, read a lawn that gets fertilized regularly and then read a spot that don't get the fertilizer. Or read the lawn and then read the flower bed. You will see a difference. My lawn reads in the mid 60's and my neighbors yard reads in the low 50's. Notice I called mine a lawn and her's a yard? Fertilizer!!! I know some of my favorite spots to hunt are now farm fields. They use to be the home of picnics and ballgames, but now they are the home of corn and soy beans. Years of farm chemical application has made some of these places highly mineralized in that they now read in the 70's on the GND. Hope this helps.