Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When air testing a Sov

A

Anonymous

In doing a quarter, dime, nickel, and penny what's the best that can be expected in inches???
Thanks.

Don't know if air tests for the Sov are accurate as far as depth is concerned.
I did a few air tests on my gt sov in the yard by placing the coins on the ground and swinging over them.
I could detect them from 8 to 10 inches from the coil with strong readable signals but this was just a rough measurement and test just wanted to see if the detector was working.
It could possibly test different in different places so again I say air tests on my sov for me I will accept that the detector works ok and will do in ground tests when the weather breaks and the ground around here is more diggable.
HH
Dan R.

I am as new as new can be! I am reading vol. 1 of Andy Sabisch's books on Svereigns and he makes a clear point that with BBS you can not get accurate air testing. The system requires you test targets in the ground. If I did'nt read the book I would never had known that. Hope it helps!
Gene

forget the silly air test...they are worthless..go to your local park...perfeerable the oldest one and then you will see....

Good idea, thats exactly why I bought the sov.
To get those in the ground items not available to other detectors. I would expect bbs and fbs has its place and not in the air.
Have a good one
HH
Dan R.