Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

when I'm lazy I detect in my back yard ...

MK_(MO)

At the back of our property there is an old shack... I'd guess it was built around 1920 as it is on a rough stone foundation ... but it has more modern siding nailed on it and as you can see in the picture it's falling down and not safe to go inside. We will probably burn it someday, Never have been able to locate where the outhouse was.... I was told that people actually lived in this dump until the mid 80s. :shrug:
I bet that sucked ..:thumbdown:. no insulatation and only 2 small rooms.
[attachment 193201 shack-opt.jpg]
But anyway.... it's convenient if I feel like a little quick detecting as all I have to do is walk up the hill. Over the last 5 years I've dug a lot of trash as the site is littered with all kinds of crap. I have found some cool wagon wheels and farm impliments which are now decoration in our yard or on the barn wall.
Here is my junk pile ... I didn't dig up the dryer :lol:
[attachment 193202 junk-opt.jpg]
This picture is looking back at our house from the shack...
[attachment 193203 house-opt.jpg]
I find mostly farm junk around this place but sometimes I get surprised ... but only 1 indian head in 5 years.. :cry:
[attachment 193208 misc-opt.jpg]
I have found a lot of good buttons and strange buckles up there and I've posted a lot of them over the years. I know there's some interesting stuff there when I can get past all the crap ... but anyway it's a real easy place to detect without going anywhere. Here is what I found up there today after about 3 hours of hunting ... crap not shown. Have a great evening everyone ! .... mike
[attachment 193209 finds=opt.jpg]

the top item in the bottom photo a thimble?

MFM