Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When is the F80 coming out?

Nutriasub

I'm holding dearly for my F75, which I love to death, and trying not to buy the DEUS, because I hope in the near future (hopefully very near), I will be able to buy the new fisher metal detector.

When are the fisher Lab guys going to release the new one??????

I think they are gong to call it the "F77"...7 being a good luck number and all...

That Deus is really technologically something eh? All the brains and battery stored in the coil/headphones?....light weight to be danged, buy a second coil/wand assembly and hunt off one brain?:shrug:

What say Fisher comes out with something similar to that?, except it uses your cell phone for the com uplink, audio, and TID screen?,...

Gets real time signals from the "Mothership", and auto adjusts settings due to the gps and conditions of your location? VLF, Dual, PI, and/ or multfreak? for instance, as a guy travels from wet salt to dry, the coil senses changes, sends them back to the 'Ship through the cell uplink, and adjusts parameters instantaneously?

A guy would basically be buying a "smart coil" on a stick, and have monthly member dues to pay for the uplink/app to access the "Motherships" technology?

Example: Smart coil (gps) tells the Mothership you are hunting a certain park, soil moisture content, EMI, Solar flare activity, age of location, such and such, sets up parameters to just shoot clad and jewelry and alerts you to same? Or, Smart coil gps tells Mothership you are hunting wet salt while on vaca in Aruba, Cancun, Phi-Phi island... Mothership sets you up with PI, or VLF, Dual or Multifreak, or all in or on the same day instantaneously changed depending upon where you are at? Even depending upon your location on the island regarding the heavy drop zones...? Manual override feature of course... Think of this too...Smart coil can bill you either by the daily hours of usage, or monthly, or even a percentage of your finds est value! That way, if a fellow dont hunt the winter, you dont have to pay those dues, see? Of course there would have to be some sort of minimum Mothership membership dues, but just think about this? And dare to dream!

Mud

Mud......................... you'll feel better once you go detecting !!...................:devil::laugh:

Yeah...I'm a mess alright!:stretcher: Last hunt was I think Dec 7th? Not good, not good at all!
Mud

Mud is going through withdrawal and has way too much time for thinking. Maybe watching some metal detecting videos would help.:rofl:

tabman

No, no they dont help at all! If anything, they hurt!

Yesterday I took my Fpoint apart, I dont know why, I just did...took it completely apart here at my desk...looked at all the little electrical components, and then put it back together and chased my little dog around with it buzzing like a yellowjacket!

Mud

Well, looks like at least Mr. Mud knows a little more than the rest of us about the F77.

Moving on to more realistic grounds (I really think your point of view its wonderful, and I really hope they do someting ilke that, but my guess is that will be in the far future),
do you think it will be wireless?
I really have a hard time with the headphone wire, getting tangled on something when I get down to pick up the coin or whatever.

how about the weight of the coil/ brains+battery?

thanks guys

I think we can expect something in the Spring. I say this either about the Spring or Fall every year, and someone puts out a new detector. My gut tells me this is FT's time. With that being said, I would like to quote a TV show from before my time. I believe it was 'Hogan's Heros.' "I know nothing!"

Hey Mud, always knew you had a little SciFi in ye -- Mother ship lock on to location, send drone with zapper, wham you are hit, machine fried and a ticket floating down the old fashioned way for detecting on suspicious grounds. Or, cop wagon pulls up, scans your unit (come on, I mean your machine -- you know what I mean) you get scanned and Taxed for park use. Better still, your unit comes alive, while at home (where else) and the screen is activated a sexy female voice says, "you have found X$ you owe the IRS -- funds automatically withdrawn from you bank account, thank you" -- You know, Mud, I think we are better off not letting this go any further. My cell phone takes call and send voice calls only -- no texting, not messaging and certainly no connecting now or ever to my metal detector -- when I tell my wife I am out in the park that is all she needs to know. Peace, Dan "Going out searching again, honey, my cell will be off, sorry, interferes with the detector you know...."

First Fisher came out with the F75, then the F70 so if we follow the logic, they should be coming out with the F60 -- I personally like the idea of a model F77 and able to ignore bottle caps for real. What does everyone want on the next new model, if they ever decide to make one? Switchable back light? There are three kinds of bottle caps, fresh popped, 2" buried and flat old rusted pieces -- you don't know what you are missing until you hit a ball field that allows beer drinking other than from a cup. In China the number 8 is considered lucky, you know, like real lucky, the more 8s the better. F88, The 7 is really not a lucky number it is a number of finality, you know, like "finished". It is also the sign of "rest", you know like the 7th day Sabbath day of rest, so really putting a 7 on a model, if for any reason other than a number, then this would be counter productive among the gods of luck and such things, wouldn't it?

A lot of Minelab is the name and the added fluff that isn't necessarily used by very many. I would probably never use the GPS feature on the CTX 3030. As for the ATX, it's a pulse induction machine. It's a completely different beast than the vlf machines FTP is focusing on. Chances are it'll be within like $300 of a T2SE or the F75SE with the boost mode they're selling now. That's just my thought.

Well, a mfg now a days would do good to take into account lots of things...like theres no silver coins getting dropped anymore, whats there is there, whats found beens found, and theres all sorts of existing detectors that might find them masked, on edge, or deep... but sparse none the less...unless a guy thinks he might find 1000 silver dimes in one year, the monetary payback per purchase is unreconcilable. ...no, a mfg, better look at a different market, quick, easy, mid priced and intended to find gold, clad and jewelry, pay for itself in a hurry on clad and gold, waterproof to shallow depths......thats the future as I see it boys, the 40yr olds on up that NEED to find gold in urban environments......also light, durable, and easy to swing, old guys cant take too much punishment, and dont tolerate equipment breakdowns well...I would say this is an adult predominately Male market....gotta be built right, simple to run, just one machine return for a mfg defect wipes out the profit on 3 other units sold...a mfg. cant pay people to waste time on the phone talking folks through technicals either..

The World has changed, quickly, out there is a lot of recently unemployed guys who would buy a machine not to use as a hobby unit, but to go seriously hunting for gold. Just like the poor dopes 100+ yrs ago who climbed the Chilkoot in Winter, they were not doing it for the excersize or as a hobby! ...a man needs to have a dream to survive, Man's primal mind defaults to hunting riches of the Earth when all else fails, and all else did back in '08...so whoever provides them with this wondrous tool, will get some business..the rest will be selling wands to the TSA and making stinky money!

Think about it a little...no man in his right mind would buck gear up the Chilkoot in winter for any reason...its the dream and primal force of the Hunt for Gold that gets us out of the house...pretty simple...
Mud

Yeah Mud, you be crazy like a Fox, me thinks. As far as the extraordinary pricing of these high end machines, as Justin E points out, name branding, and that usually means quality control. Now, if these beasties sold like canned corn off the grocery shelves we would all see the prices come down, or at least some kind of super sales. This is the conundrum, however, if they did sell like popcorn we would all be bumping elbows for space to hunt. What I see, though, is the lower priced machines, with brand names are pretty darned good. I have an old Bounty Hunter, small little thing, with a big VID screen, easy to read and I have found lots of stuff with it and the depth is surprising. I kinda ruined it one day when I got it wet and thought to use a hair drier on it -- you are right Mud, I be crazzzy -- I managed to melt the battery compartment and it won't hold the batteries, well, I did a rig and tape procedure and it still works. Oh, I did get it dried out though -- :biggrin:

Now when I get caught hunting in the rain I slip a zip-loc baggy over the my machine -- those baggies work great. My next move is to stop waiting on the "on again" off again release of the Fisher 5x10 DD for the F70/75 and getting set to purchase the NEL Sharpshooter, not only is the price a lot better but I have been reading some really good reviews about these, and from those using them on the T2. Now, these coils are on the market, just showed, from what I can tell, and is seems there is even on for the F2, so I will be getting two of them, one for the F70 and one for the F2. Originally I was going to get the Fisher 5" dd putting that off waiting for the release of the Fisher 5x10 DD for the F70 -- how does that go? "You snooze you lose". Sorry /fisher, I like to maintain product loyalty, but, that NEL Sharpshooter just sounds too good to pass up. Peace, fellow crazies, Dan

Well...........all I can say is once a price has been established ( HIGH) the others seem to follow suit........

$1,449.00 for the F75 LTD wasn't cheap to many........ So I figure it won't be less LOL

Never know what a mfg will produce, but aside from any other new model, I would love to see a waterproof, f75se

What would we like to see in the dream -- reasonable -- machine?

1. Water proof F70/F75
2. Back light -- that you can turn on or off as an option
3. Quick detachable coils -- say at the coil, then you can switch between coils like a snap on at the shaft end -- make coils for this
4. Clip on grips making it possible to change grips size and style to personal preference, rubber (waterproof) foam, hard, soft, hand formed grips, etc.
5. Coil covers that don't catch water of sand, some kind of seal to prevent this
6. some way to adjust the arm cup without the use of a strap, maybe soft metal to bend into shape?

Okay, what other things would be of interest -- maybe Fisher is listening??

Oh, I fogot, the ability to see through the soil, like those fish finders with a picture of what you are targeting